Zara saw the vet today

midnightmare

Oct 21, 2007
Derbyshire
The vet came to give Zara her jabs and give her a check over.
She said the lumps on her neck are a bit of a mystery, they aren't causing her any problems, if they do then we need to contact them, but they can't remove them because they are surrounded my veins, nerves and all sorts.

She also said she doesn't look pregnant, however she took a blood sample, which was eventful to say the least, Zara objected to having a needle stuck in her neck (can't think why :giggle: ) and kept tensing up which meant no blood came out, until she took the syringe out and blood went everywhere, the vet looked like something out of a horror film, and I was holding her trying my best not to get blood on my school uniform :happy: second time around we managed to keep her still and got a decent amount so is sending that away and we should get the results in a week. So, fingers crossed there isn't a mini Zara in there.

Had her flu jab and took it like a pro, she hasn't had any vaccinations for a long time so we are starting them all over again. Vet coming out in a month to give her the next one.

Had a look at her teeth and couldn't see anything wrong, so said just keep trying bits and see how she takes to them, we got her a loose ring french link snaffle with a lozenge rather than a flat bit (good old technical terminology eh? ) so hoping she'll like that.

We can do some gentle ridden exercise until we get the results, if she isn't pregnant then we can carry on working, if she is we'll see what we can do, she needs exercise to help with her weight management, and she can still be muzzled 24/7 as the vet knows our farm well and knows she'll be getting the right amount of nutrients etc despite the muzzle :)

Some pictures from the other day:
250362_10150254959292463_599377462_8705545_2591781_n.jpg

227349_10150254958887463_599377462_8705539_140485_n.jpg

obviously found something funny
247004_10150254959362463_599377462_8705547_4866415_n.jpg

Yay = great news - doesnt sound like the lumps are anything to worry about - and hopefully no little Zara's either!:giggle:

Lets hope you get the results quickly and then you can just get on with enjoying her.:happy:

glad to hear she is ok :) if she isnt pregnant, muzzling will def help her shed some of that excess weight :) re: nutrients - you can always give her a token feed of eg handful of chaff with eg pink powder in it if you're worried she'll lack vits and mins! good luck getting the weight off her - better safe than sorry!

julia
x

any news on the blood test yet?

(i saw your thread on 'the other' forum but it seems to have spun out of control and i really didn't have the nerve to wade through all these posts, some of which were rather, uh, not helpful to you!)

hope everything is ok!

Keep us posted Beth. I couldn't face replying to the 'other' thread. Sounds like you're getting everything sorted. It's always hard with a new good-doer - Ed's quick weight gain took me completely by suprise last Spring :frown: but we're on top of the situation this year and got him sorted :wink:

newrider.com