Yet another Problem !!!

Jay.o

Aug 15, 2002
Berkshire
Visit site
Hello.
Yet another little problem.
Not being naughty.
You guys must think i have a problem horse, please dont judge me -im not a bad owner, i take good care of him and bow !!!!

There is a new horse [well actually two] and out on our walks he sees her. He can see her from his paddock and they always 'talk' to each other !

When these owners come to feed her and the other one [which i must add they dont come often at all and not that interested in them really !] and also take them down the road for 2 minutes [yes thats all !] and bring them back.

Well when they do this timmy is stood by the fence and looking. If anything happens such as the woman catching the horse, he whinnys and neighs at them occasionally but mostly just stands there and runs up and down when she is taken out !

When we are out on the walk, i indroduce timmy to knew horses. I thought that i was doing the right thing by doing this as it would get him used to other horses around him and learn that they arent that interesting. I thought that it would help him focus maybe a bit more if one came past him and it seemed to be working !!!!!

But this horse, when i introduced them, and to the other one he was different ! Hes not so interested in the other one but he is in the young filly ! they seem to be best of friends !!!!

When we go past them now he always stops and stands there, looks at her for a while and wont move at all !!!! when we go further down the road there sheep and a goat, but hes ok. they 'baa' at him and looks and then carries on !

As we go further, he can somehow hear the other horse and doesnt want to move.

Its only when we get so far away that he cant hear her that hes perfect timmy again !!

And hes always good on the way home and doesnt try to stop next to her at all !!! but as soon as hes turned back into the field he waits and follows me about while i do the haynet. but as soon as i go again, he looks for her and she goes up to the gate !!!

There is a raod inbetween them, although its very quiet !!!!

Any help with what to do ?
Why does he always stop near her and become stubborn ?

Is Timmy your stallion? If so, it's probably just a bit of attitude because his instincts are telling him to stick close to the fillies! It's not a fault of his, just nature calling to him. Don't let him get his way though, when he sees her just push him on past, so he knows he can't take advantage of you and get his own way all of the time.

Good luck :)

newrider.com