Yep, another blonde hair question!!! (sorry)

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Have any of you ever "grown" your blonde hair out? I have forgotten what colour my hair really is - apparently according to Mr T tis naturally a nice shade of reddy brown. However, this does not help me. Atm I have about 2 inches of "real" hair showing through. It is going to look weird at some point - but has anybody any experience of this? Or have you just had it dyed a darker colour to blend in????
Just curious............................

Yeah, that's what I thought, but I hate having my hair done, and I am really short on time atm! I know it sounds daft, but I wish I could just magic it all back to the original colour and forget about it, put it up in a bun or something.............!!

If you want to go darker, dye it darker with a non permanent and then the difference between the blonde and dark won't be so noticeble. And as Clash says, keep having it cut.

I don't like to see two tone hair personally.

I had blonde highlights for years, and got so fed up with always having roots that I decided to go back to my natural medium brown. I haven't regretted it at all, in fact I wonder why I ever had highlights done as my hair is too dark for them really.

My hairdresser said it should :unsure: be safe to put a colour over the highlights. She said to use one with warm (copper or gold tones) rather than an ash shade, to minimise the risk of it going greenish! :frown: My hair has warmish tones naturally, anyway. I decided on Superdrugs own make of semi-permanent in Soft Golden Brown, and was really pleased with the result. No more dark roots, and a nice, natual colour with hair in good condition. Not bad for £3, I think. It's a very good quality product for the price, and gets great reviews. It didn't fade much even though it's a semi, and it did the job brilliantly. I'm so pleased I went back to brown, and found the right colour first time. This sounds like a sales pitch, doesn't it? Perhaps I should go into advertising. :giggle:

Thanks guys. Tis most weird cos I keep having dreams about my hair being brown again!!! I have had it blonde for 7 years and prior to that it was black (which I am too old for now !!!) I am really silly about my hair at times - OH is always telling me to just get on with it!!! Lol I can never decide.....
Think I will have a trim and see what hairdresser says. Part of me wants to grow it long again but part of me thinks might be fun to have it short and really bleach blonde all over (think you can get away with using more bleach on shorter locks as it won't be as weak)
Decisions, decisions.....

Thanks guys. Tis most weird cos I keep having dreams about my hair being brown again!!! I have had it blonde for 7 years and prior to that it was black (which I am too old for now !!!) I am really silly about my hair at times - OH is always telling me to just get on with it!!! Lol I can never decide.....
Think I will have a trim and see what hairdresser says. Part of me wants to grow it long again but part of me thinks might be fun to have it short and really bleach blonde all over (think you can get away with using more bleach on shorter locks as it won't be as weak)
Decisions, decisions.....

I have had serious hair issues!! Mine is, I think, white!!

Over the years I have gone from natural very dark brown through greyish to grey and then dyed to dark brown. Next hairdresser did multi blonde shades which looked fantastic but cost £180 every month!!. Did cheap local hairdresser job of mid blond but never very happy. Daughter did £5 'chocolate brown' non permanent job which I love and she does every 5 weeks!!

I am having hair issues, its longish and I have it dyed dark reddish brown, my roots are getting a real pain. Its so expensive at the hairdressers and because its long its a nightmare to do myself without having to re decorate the bathroom every time I colour it.

I am thinking of having mine shorter so I can do it myself more easily or just let it grow out (grey:frown:). It keeps going all frizzy with the rain as well.

I think if mine was blond I would just do the non permanent darker shades for a while till its grown out.

Meanwhile Ark! where are my scissors, mines driving me nuts lol:giggle:

Well the expense is an issue - I mean it is costing me £80 every 6 weeks atm! Which I'd much rather spend on the girls...........heehhehee
I trim my own fringe - otherwise I'd be like a shettie or gypsy cob and not be able to see out much...............lol

Well the expense is an issue - I mean it is costing me £80 every 6 weeks atm! Which I'd much rather spend on the girls...........heehhehee
I trim my own fringe - otherwise I'd be like a shettie or gypsy cob and not be able to see out much...............lol

I have cut my own hair, fringe and all myself for the last six months in an economy drive.

HOWEVER, am going to have to go to the hairdresser and admit all, as it is not very well cut at all!!

Yeah you see that's another thing - if I carry on snipping and start colouring myself I will have to then go cap in hand if it goes pear shaped to my lovely hairdresser (she is so nice but expensive lol!!)

newrider.com