Xmas music or not after the event?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
What do you guys think about hearing xmas tunes after Boxing Day? Personally I love the whole season and afterall the twelve days of Christmas don't start till Christmas day so technically we should still be festive! Or are you all sick of it now? When do you take your trimmings down? We generally wait until just before we go back to work - I miss the tree lights!!!
Our local radio station does not play xmas tunes now until next year- how about yours?

I'm happy to have Christmas songs on until the New Year, love Christmas. We take our decs down in time for the Twelfth Night.

I got Michael Buble's Christmas album for Crimbo, but I didn't get it until Boxing Day.....I could listen to him all year round!!! Other than that, I tend to pack the CDs up after New Year.

I like Mr Buble too! Haven't got his latest Christmas cd but I have a cd that came as an extra with his second album and that has three or more xmas songs on which I love. What a voice....

I'm a bit of a traditionalist. Advent is the 4 week run-up to Christmas, so things should get gradually (I wish!) more festive in that time. There are some carols specifically for advent.

Our lights/decorations go up in the week before Christmas and I love listening to all the Christmas music on Classic FM then. At home, I start playing Christmas CDs from Christmas Eve, through to the New Year. Lights/decorations are put away on 6th January.

As far as I am concerned, this is the exact time to enjoy Christmas in all its glory.

I love Christmas and spending time with loved ones - I cried when my MIL went home!!!!
But now I am just looking forward to another fresh new year and all it holds for us.
Quite happy to listen to the Christmas music but after being off work for a week now am ready to get back to normality

newrider.com