Woohoo! I Hacked!

LauraLou

Aug 10, 2006
OK, so I soooo know this isnt a mega deal to most people, but I have mega confidence issues with Luka, and shes a handful.

Got given a well deserved day off on Weds (lovely boss!) and arranged to go for a hack with a mate and her calm horse. Been at new yard 6 months and only ventured out into our private hacking twice, both times accompanied and both times I got off when she played up. (I know I shouldnt off! :eek: )

Last minute my mate backed out, was really gutted as I had worked myself up and was ready to go! (If still very nervous!)

So I thought b*gger it, I am going to give it a go, worst comes to worst I will get off and as no one was on the yard no one would see when I came back on foot! :D

I was SOOOO shocked. SHe was SOOOO well behaved! No rearing, no spinning, no spooking, no playing up! Admitedly we power walked most of the way round and jogged a bit when she realised she was homeward bound, but I can deal with that. I am so unbelievably proud of her and me. Next time I will definatly take the camera and get some ear shots, as our hacking is so pretty. Even little rabbits hopping around.

Sorry but I am just so proud of us both, we have come through some hard times, shes had over a year off and had cancer, lami and arthuritus and she was a star. Onwards and upwards! :D

Well done, I hope your confidence keeps improving in the same way, Remember not to do anything to fast, just build it up gradually, as this will mean you will eventually begin to enjoy all hacks and you can build even more trust in her! I'm dead proud of both of you, Vez x :)

Well done you, i know only too well how difficult it is getting in the saddle when you have confidence issues (i have a seperate thread about mine)

I'm sure you are over the moon and rightly so, can't wait to see your ear shots x

Thanks peeps!

i hacked her again today but went with another girl from my yard. Brilliant again, except one fit she had trying to canter down a hill with me! :rolleyes:

AND...I have been convinced to enter a show with her, only local, on the 2nd May! Eeeeeeek!

newrider.com