why is finding a share horse so difficult?

midnightmare

Oct 21, 2007
Derbyshire
every horse in my area is either full loan of for sale!
There was a horse for £5 a week and £10 every 8 weeks for farrier costs, so I replied and it turns out the ad was posted in 2006! :eek: Lol is there no one who wants someone to muck out, groom etc in return for a free ride? :D ah well, i'll keep up with my serach , I have sent 8 e-mails about differant horses today :D

blimey you'd be laughing if you were here, there are 2 on my yard looking for a sharer!

Good luck in your search

Awwww don't worry, I think most horse classifieds will pretty much vouch for me the amount of times I've posted:
'WANTED: Horse to part loan/share/ride!'

I spent months trying to find a loan, I was desperate. I understand you still go to an RS? When I was looking I had no RS near me either, I was frantic to loan, ro even just ride! So keep up the lessons whilst finding.
The best thing to do is advertise EVERYWHERE! The internet is such a good resource for this, PM me if you want a list of sites :)
Also, I know everyone says this, but advertise in local tack shops. In this weather everyone is looking for some extra help so they can have a lie in! :D

Also, to do what I did in finding Gem, my perfect horse, is ring around local livery yards, and ask for a / make a notice to be put up, asking if anyone needs a hand. people will see, and take heed.

PM me if you want to chat to a veteran 'I want a loan pony!' member ;)

x

the problem is, I need a horse suitable for a novice rider, in my e-mails I have said that I am a confident novice rider willing to tack up, groom, muck out etc.
I found a prefect horse in my village for a fantastic price....but they want an adult rider :(
I spend 4 hours every night looking for a horse :eek: one day i'll find one! :D

i'll see if i can find teh advert again to contact them.
But I just texted someone about the connemara gelding for loan in Derby, fingers crossed ! :D
connemara is my fave breed :D closely followed by fjords :)

who needs a share horse when you can adopt your own from the local horse rescue? :D
I'm trying not to get excited, but we just asked about a 15hh bay TB mare looking for a home :D

Im the other side, i cant find anyone who wants to share my boomproof cob!!! thinking about full term loan now as im finding it so hard with my new career and green horse!!! IS NO-BODY OUT THERE FROM TRUSTHORPE!!

newrider.com