Why I love this forum: you are all extraordinary and special

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
One of my real world jobs is training and development, and in that job I encourage people to think positive, be positive, and support the people who work for them.

This week on the forum we've had a number of posts from new members who are anxious about their horses or their riding, and we've had the usual variety of posts from existing members about difficulties they've encountered or triumphs (big and small) they have experienced.

All of these have been answered with honest, supportive, constructive replies. If people disagree, they say so, but kindly. We celebrate successes, however small, and commiserate genuinely with difficulties, failures and losses.

I am not sure if we all appreciate how special and unusual this place is. I don't think we are soft or tree hugging: we are just kind and constructive. It's extraordinary and unique. And so are you, every one of you!

:);):D

Yes we are a supportive group.
I still remember the volume of support I received on here when I lost my previous chap. We had all in a way followed my story and I feel people were genuinely gutted for me.
We don't have to agree with each other, goodness that's impossible, but we all do what we think is the right thing.
I hold my hands up for my mistakes, I have made them. I have burnt my horses snoozle! Now I am having to regain that trust.

What's a small thing to some is a big thing for others. I love reading peoples good moments and looking at photos-hint.

I totally agree J&Z and this is why I have no idea where the whole "cliquey" thing comes from! There is always loads of support on here and even when I have nothing to add myself I love seeing other people's contributions, it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside!

What even the grumpy old nag Jane?? Surely not, one does have a reputation to maintain as being difficult and troublesome, please don't include the likes of me in all your fluffy bunnyishness!:eek::D

Seriously - lovely post and for the most part very true I think - the forum and almost all members have been unfailingly kind to me in moments of distress and the glums, both horsey and personal.;)

Having been gone for a while and very recently coming back, there is a reason I both remembeted and missed you all, and I think you sum it up nicely. Thank you all for the supportive welcome back, and I am looking forward to fitting back in nicely :)

I have to say you all get me through so much. I really do struggle day to day, especially at the moment due to things. I love just being able to come on here and share a photo of ale and you all seem to care and appreciate it. And I love reading all about what you all get up to, fascinating lives you lead and I think you're a very inspiring group.

Reactions: Trewsers
I have been on this forum since 2001 I think it was with my original screen-name before DB/Gimp Its a heck of a long time! I do like this forum and have made many good pals from it in real life.

newrider.com