Who's ridden today then?

Sunshine-x

Jul 31, 2008
Recently I've been interval training the pony to get her fit, so 5-10mins trot followed by 2-3 min walk and repeated for an hour. Then 2 4-5 minute canters within that hour. I've worked out a good hack to allow this and we've been doing well.
So I did the same hack as yesterday this morning, but I think I must have ridden down a river instead of the bridleway?? At least thats what it looked like! :unsure: :tongue: Luckily black pony loves water! On the fields bless her we were cantering along and it was so windy we were almost going sideways but she put her head down and plowed on. I wouldnt trust any other horse to canter with their head down as I'd think they were going to buck, but black pony knows whats what and carried on. All the rivers (tracks and roads!) were empty, god knows why? :unsure::giggle:
Tons of trees fallen down, we found one across our path with no other way round that was nice and jumpable, trotted up to it and wee! Fab pony! I love my pony she is awesome! :angel: Wore waterproof trousers as well as coat and whilst my legs were mainly dry, it was that wet it went all the way through my coat and thats never happened before!! :frown: Proper rubbish weather! But hey pony got some exercise and I can't be called a fair weather rider! Also not sure why people are moaning about the ground, nothing worse than what we'd hunt in?

Yes, I've ridden I went on a cross country course and then on a hack and then an hours schooling....................(then I woke up and fell out of bed!lol hahahahahahaha). I ride to enjoy, despite having a school surface that does not flood, I just don't see the pleasure today in riding clothed from head to toe in oilskins with Storm bracing against it! Fair play to anybody who enjoys it though, each to their own and all that.........(it is VERy windy down our way today, and miserable....)

Lol at trewsers... no I haven't ridden I am very much a fair weather rider these days Im afraid, it's blowing a hoolie here and lashing down, all horses on the yard are confined to barracks (shame as Oscar loves being out but won't go out alone) I might ride later in our little indoor school and respect to anyone who ventures out in it, but no thanks, not for me, got wet enough just doing yard chores this morning.

trewers :giggle: I started reading your reply then rechecked the who the post was from very funny.

Thanks KV and Wally for that boost that the sun is still alive and well I was worried for a bit.

Well after I took Chanters armbands off and removed his rug he was shaking so much it took three dry rugs to stop it. At one point I thought I could get on bare back and use him as a vibrogym:cold: he was shaking that bad. but alas I rugged him back up and popped him out only to go up again in 1/2 hours time change to another dry rug for the night and hope to god something has dryed out in time foe tomorrow.

Anyway I have really important bridle measurements to take tonight:dance:

Um, I went Showjumping :unsure:

Ok, Admittedly it was probably not the best activity in the wind and the rain, but they were only baby classes and we haven't managed to get out yet this year as one thing or another (the weather and son being ill mainly) keep getting in the way - so we went.

Harvey HATES the rain with wind and he did towards the end let it be known (at least i think that's why after the last jump he put his head down and shook it to attempt to make me dismount so we could go home - I stayed on though)

We did ok though, just two tiny classes and got a 3rd and a 5th so i was pleased.

I am completely unfit though and need to condition me more then the horse!

S, my 10yr old son has only really been riding a few months and he went round the clear round raised poles class (about 6") on lead rein and got a rosette, his first show and his first ever full round of jumps (ie. more then 2 in a row). Harvey was very good with him. (he borrowed Harvey as Ellie hasn't been brought back into work enough yet)

Shucks, would have loved to have ridden but Thyme's leg is a wee bit sore (darn it.... :wink:)

Chapeau to anyone who did get out. And well done Lacey Freckle. That's fab!

Yeah I rode this morning, testing out a new bit in the school. Flipo was a wee star, we just did some walk and trot, lots of transitions and 20m circles. We've got sunshine and a stiff breeze today so I think we did well considering. I was going to hack home, but decided ending on a good note in the school was important.

newrider.com