Who wants a laugh? MY day form hell, Rant!

J

jaydevon

as most know im selling all my horses, ive NEVER had 3 horses advertised, and whilst so many peopl eare saying nothing is selling, my fones, emails / messages have been non stop. any way, viewing for max this morning at 11am.

get to the yard at 8am to discover, Bravo has knocked a rail off the fence and is in with max, (Bravo being a stallion) Bravo thinks its great, max wants brekki, get max in, go to catch Bravo... yeah right, its far to much fun, finally get him, give him some grub whilst i fix fence, fix fence go back to the yard,

snapper was in last night (yep shes back home) let her onto the yard to muck out, and not one BUT ALL 4 LEGS are swollen! hay order due... hes late then wants to talk about the price of fuel..

the lady who i share my yard with yesterday bought 2 ponies form the sales, (im not to chuffed about dartmoors, strangle, etc just what i need) i keep hereing a noise, the bigger one is trying to kill the other, im talking tiny foal in the corner being booted.

people turn up to view max, that goes well! in the meen time somebody is wanting to view snaps, legs are going down... think i will just pop her on the lunge for a look.. bloody horse cant move with lamness and stiffness, oh and her back is covered in scabs,

am currentley trying to get hold of the lady that had her on loan, as she broke the loan agreement, shes kept her insured, i need the vet asap. easy you may think, nope, im currently in litigation with my vet so i cant use them.

so i need to cancel viewings, well that would be easy if i can remember who why what horse and when! oh and i need to get a vet, and i need to be back at the yard.

so guys GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR dont try and give up horses, and dont try and sell 3 of them!

*breathes* im sure theres a funny side soomewhere

*is banging head*

am waiting for the vet to call back with a time,

have managed to confirm snapper is still insured *thank god*

if here here one more person go arrrr thats horses for you i may kill them LOL!

have come to the conclusion that i am going back to the yard in a bit, (need food) and who turns up turns up! i actually thought i was orginized, clearly not!

wine shall be happening to night!

breath and try to do some deep breathing, it sounds like your having a very bad day, hopefully a few bottles of wine will help or a complete blow out.

On the bright side (I know it's hard currently!) you are at least having viewings! I know one place that's had horses for sale for months with no success. Deep breath, have some you time and try to relax!

On the bright side (I know it's hard currently!) you are at least having viewings! I know one place that's had horses for sale for months with no success. Deep breath, have some you time and try to relax!

its a night mare, theres a list of people intrested in snaps, ive had to call the ones arranged and explaine, saying that they obviousley will be more than welcome to talk to vet. new people calling im just taking the numbers, max has viewings lined up, people are desperate to see him, so hes having 2 today, i did tell the 2nd people there was somebody else due, but if there ok with it so am i.

SNAPPER...
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR celulitus. in all 4 legs! and cronic rain scald, i have spoken to her loan home, her reaction,.. rain scald what is it ive never heard of it! anyway,

shes on bute 2 a day, and i have to inject, penecilling once aday.. not to chuffed about, me and needles dont go! also hosing legs, will cheat there and take her and stand her in the ford, much better than hosing! keep an eye on her over the weekend if legs are still up call vet, if not review on monday.

if any one could give me info on celulitus in horses i would be very thankful...

could you sue her under the loan contract to get your vet fees etc paid back? I swear snapps just wants to stay with you

because they broke the loan agreement (gave me 24 hours notice of bringin gher back rather than 30 days) the agreement was she kept her insurance going which it is (checked this yesterday) to be fair to previous people, she has been good and is willing to talk to people about how snaps was with them.

i think she is willinng to pay for the vets bill, she wants me to email her so she can discuss with her vet, id she had of answered her phone yesterday i would of used her damn vet! arrrggg!

you may be right, about her staying, and to be honest shes the one im least worried about selling. when she came back i put her and max out, and they didnt even have a sniff, just went off and grazed, it was like she hasnt been away.

cellulitis is a bacterial skin infection, symptoms are swelling, heat and tenderness. It is usually secondary to a cut or fly bite or something like that. It is rather unusual to get it in all four legs though. A lad at our yard had it following an incident with a gate :( He has been on antibiotics for a fair while now.

Good luck

Last edited:
Ahhhh Jay what a bummer of a day, you cant possibly sell snaps now she is obviously your soul mate whether you like it or not and just out of curiosity did you find it....................the funny side ;)

Ahhhh Jay what a bummer of a day, you cant possibly sell snaps now she is obviously your soul mate whether you like it or not and just out of curiosity did you find it....................the funny side ;)

no funny side, as of yet,. snaps is still very lame/stiff on 2 butes a day, and injecting, i was shaking so much yesterday i couldnt get the needle in the bottle! GRRRR im calling the vet back out tomorrow as the rainscald is also VERY HOT.

no funny side, as of yet,. snaps is still very lame/stiff on 2 butes a day, and injecting, i was shaking so much yesterday i couldnt get the needle in the bottle! GRRRR im calling the vet back out tomorrow as the rainscald is also VERY HOT.

Not much blinking hope of getting it in the horse if you can't even get it in the bottle;):p

Fingers crossed she hasn't got some sort of secondary infection in the rainscald (only reason I can think of for excessive heat??)

Keep in touch hun:)

Not much blinking hope of getting it in the horse if you can't even get it in the bottle;):p

Fingers crossed she hasn't got some sort of secondary infection in the rainscald (only reason I can think of for excessive heat??)

Keep in touch hun:)

i hate to even think it but she may have, after i spoke to you, id already hibi scrubbed her (also added salt.) it was still very hot, and not smelling to great, shall be calling vet out again tomorrow. ah well, at least shes having the shots everyday, that will help with any infection.

im ok once the needles in, i just have a real thing about them!

Oh no its doesnt just rain for you hey it really pours!!!

Hope things get better with Snaps soon and that it all starts going smoothly for you! I definatly agree with the others though when they say there must be something about Snaps keep coming back to you!!!

Good luck with everything :D

newrider.com