Who Has Ridden over Xmas?

sjp1

Sep 14, 2009
Not me sadly. Have been v busy at home, am in the office this morning for a couple of hours - what a waste of time!

Weather has been absolutely awful here, gale force winds and torrential rain, and I seem to have lost the enthusiasm to go out in it!!

Thank shall ride Sun, Mon and Tues and try to get more motivated! What happened to riding on Xmas Day? Used to, but somehow time seems shorter now.

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
The only day I haven't ridden over christmas is christmas day, only managed one hack so far though as these days Im more of a fair weather rider - hate riding out in pouring rain. Thank goodness for our indoor school - had a fab fun session yesterday doing polework, a bit of jumping (tiny) and bareback to end our session, we both enjoyed it. :biggrin:

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Yes most days! Just one day I missed when it was too windy. Even managed a quick one today, but am now back helping T with paperwork.

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
I rode on boxing day - just a wee hackette round the block on my trusty stead (who hadn't been ridden for over three weeks - god knows where I found the confidence to go it alone straight from the field) but we did it and I feel fab, fingers crossed we can get some more done on the next few days off - if the weather lasts.

juliecwuk

Mar 2, 2006
Wolverhampton
In the last few weeks I have managed to ride about 2 times a week, just 30 min solo road hacks....I have a bigger hack planned tomorrow afternoon with my friend and then I'm going to hire the local indoor school one day next week in prep for my lesson on Friday next week.

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Managed to get the bareback pad on yesterday and lunge. Needs few weeks before i get on.
Wet again today so probably means online of some sort or liberty. Sea mist and fog means not going out for us. Not that it matters as rode on 21st in lesson. It would be nice if she could be at a place where i can just hop on whenever.
She isn't rugged so i do need dry weather else i will get a seriously muddy and wet bum.

ponymagic

Apr 14, 2010
Cheshire
Have managed to get out every day except Christmas day and boxing day since the end of term. Am usually a fair weather rider but having had a few weeks where I couldn't get out much because of the ice, am now feeling lucky to be out at all even if we do get wet!

Pigletsmum

Oct 4, 2008
I rode Xmas day and Boxing Day and yesterday but only tommy. Need to get motivated and start working both him nd frank ASAP.

BonBon85

Dec 17, 2012
Going out tomorrow on kitty:/!!! and with two lady's from my yard just a plod round farm but have lost nerve since 'tractor-gate' two weeks ago:/!! Small steps at the moment for me!! And if its too much and we're both freaking out, off I hop and lead until we are both calm again- it's OK to get off if its going wrong, I've learnt that from the lovely people on here;)!! Will let you know how it goes ( bricking it ever so slightly:/!!) then once the weather clears a bit back to my weekly lessons with my wonderful instructor- really looking forward to those:)

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
No riding for me so far, the weather has been aweful and they are all out without rugs, very wet and muddy and generally unpresentable:frown:.

My sharer has had a really nasty bug all over christmas as well so she hasn't ridden either.

I am waiting for a nice dry day so I can get them all in and give them a good spruce up.

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
I find in the winter i want to ride loads...but thats because i cant....when its offered to me on a plate to ride everyday in the summer then i loose my motivation lol!! :giggle:

I went to a SJ comp last Sunday...think that was the 23rd?? God no's what possessed me...trying to catch a naughty pony @ 6.30am in a howling pitch black field :unsure:

Xmas day i reallllly wanted to go for a ride, but the weather let me down. Peeing it down & windy all day.

Boxing day i managed a nice ride to cannock chase, although it was still peeing it down and i got drenched through :unsure:

Today i rented a local indoor and did some jumpies.....

tomorrow...well we will see i guess!!! :wub:

Tillytoo

Dec 2, 2010
east sussex
Not me the weather has been too vile, and I've had house guests, which, as I invited them I feel obliged to actually spend time with them. Might try tomorrow, see what the weather is like, but most of our hacking is still underwater so it might just be a play in the school.

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
Was planning to ride this morning but some bastard nicked my tack and stole a load of electric tape and the energiser from the veteran horse livery next door so I only hopped on Joy bareback for 15 mins round the block. On the plus side, I got some lovely trot and a good canter up the driveway out of her. Bummer is that the money I'd asked for from hubby for Xmas which was going to go towards getting Joy happy to travel, is now going on replacement tack. Could be worse, could have happened in the better weather and when I hadn't just got a was of Xmas money so now was the best time for anything to happen.

Tina2011

Mar 23, 2012
Gateway to europe
Oh thats really bad about your tack JC. Seems to be a lot of it about. My place was broken into before Xmas. I had been storing some stuff for an old livery, it was all knicked. I just had a few minor items taken thankfully but all the same it makes me feel unsettled.

I can not understand these theives:stomp:

MAC66

Jun 18, 2009
Kent
I had a lesson with Mac on Monday, lunged him on Boxing day and hacked in the rain today. My RI will ride him tomorrow when she takes out a group hack and depending on the weather I plan to ride on Sunday and have another lesson on Monday.

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
What is this riding lark? I may have to move to another forum for people who never ride.........

Having a youngster i didn't for nearly two years, my muscles forgot what its all about as well.
I love groundwork so not riding has not been a problem.