Who goes to shows all alone?

I'm similar to you MP, at the moment I only tend to go to very local shows (some of which are only two villages away but just not hackable!), you'll find that as you find venues you like and an RC that suits you, you'll meet roughly the same crowd of people and start getting to know everyone. It can be a really good way of meeting your local equine community!

Lets not turn this into tales of horseboxes crashing, I know that it could happen but I don't want to read about horror stories when I am excited about planing my shows. I have taken all reasonable precautions and if something bad happens I will have to deal with it, just like I would have to if my car crashed and my kids were it in (which actually worries me 100 times more than crashing my lorry) My question is more to do with going to an actual show and being there all alone, rather than how you get there, or fail to get there!

My point was simply she was alone and she was worried by being alone. That's it, I will now leave your thread well alone.

I'm similar to you MP, at the moment I only tend to go to very local shows (some of which are only two villages away but just not hackable!), you'll find that as you find venues you like and an RC that suits you, you'll meet roughly the same crowd of people and start getting to know everyone. It can be a really good way of meeting your local equine community!

I hope so. I feel abit like the new girl at school at the moment. I have had a few e mail discussions with the RC committee so hopefully I will meet some like minded people. They have events every few weeks throughout the summer so there is lots going on.

newrider.com