Where I learned to ride!!!

It was a very nice place but they were so into showing that sometimes they forgot what was best for the horses. I also didn't really learn to jump a course until I went somewhere else because of the fact that they only made you do single jumps. I also didn't think they were very safe because while one person was jumping instead of having you wait for your turn what they had you do was everyone would jump one right after another instead of waiting until the person in front of you was totally done and out of the way.

Anna

Originally posted by T-bred
I also didn't think they were very safe because while one person was jumping instead of having you wait for your turn what they had you do was everyone would jump one right after another instead of waiting until the person in front of you was totally done and out of the way.

Anna

we do that at my barn...its perfectly safe as long as you are in full control of your horse as you should be. You have to make sure you have a decent distance between you and the horse in front so if that horse does something you can get out of the way or stop in time. Unless we are doing one high fence or a course we don't jump one at a time.

Its perfectly safe to do it that way, rather than standing there waiting. Never for courses though. I think it helped me a lot doing it that way, because the instructor would see you from the point you landed until you came around again.

Nice place anyway though.

I just feel that it is safer to wait for the person in front of you to get over the jump before you jump. I mean I still got to jump as much at the new place I mean I actually got to jump more!!!:D But it is just my opinion please don't get mad!!

Anna:)

Originally posted by T-bred
I just feel that it is safer to wait for the person in front of you to get over the jump before you jump. I mean I still got to jump as much at the new place I mean I actually got to jump more!!!:D But it is just my opinion please don't get mad!!

Anna:)

well I would expect the person jumping ahead of me to get over the fence before i jumped it too! :p

But if you have the crontrol over your horse that you are supposed to have stopping or turning when the horse messes up isn't a problem. You do have to keep an eye out for more than just your horse in this situation, but I also think its a great way to practice jumping from different speeds as well as controlling your horse in a group and over fences.

newrider.com