Whats the world coming to

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
I was reading about an incident which resulted in a beautiful big horse being PTS in Cheshire after CHILDREN beat it with a pole and threw rocks/stones at it, They were unsupervised by parents/adults who were attending a car rally.

What on earth??

Ale

Feb 8, 2012
The gypsys near us slap our horses. They have been seen hitting them with sticks, hitting golf balls at them, firing sling shots and throwing rocks. I dread the day they turn their bb guns on them. If we tell the police things just get worse.

I don't know how some people sleep at night

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
Blimey, is that what happened to the poor beast. I heard about the incident, but didn't know what the little bleeders had done to cause the injury and subsequent death of the horse

juliecwuk

Mar 2, 2006
Wolverhampton
The gypsys near us slap our horses. They have been seen hitting them with sticks, hitting golf balls at them, firing sling shots and throwing rocks. I dread the day they turn their bb guns on them. If we tell the police things just get worse.

I'm sorry Ale but I would move my horse to a different yard/area, I couldn't cope with the worry that something worse could happen to my horses

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
looking through the comments I see " I spoke to the husband of the lady who has made the statement. I told him the children involved were not Leewood members and were attending a leewood meeting, but, with the parents who are members"

So looks to me like their parents were busy messing with cars the children left to their own devices.

Ok, well not a crime in itself, but very irresponsible for the kids safety aswell as everything else, but what sort of horrible sort of kids attack a horse with a pole n rocks- enougth to cause it to have been PTS. What sort of upbringing have they had to think its ok to do that???

It really is shocking and disturbing.

In response to Ale, bloody hell :frown: how do you sleep at night with all that going on. Horrible little shits :skull:

I wonder how old the children involved are in the Cheshire attack? I expect it will all come out soon.

Dark Storm

Well I'll be a Krampus's Auntie! :D!
Jan 4, 2009
Hadfield
It's pretty close to home, didn't realize until I pm'd the poor horses owner..
I bet they were more like teenagers than kids.. I hate leaving my horse in a field at night for this very reason, you don't know who's out there, or what sick thoughts go on in some if their heads.
I've been reading a lot lately of horses getting slashed down south, then of course, you get the copy cats. I hate Summer, when the kids are off school, some of them when bored get up to so much mischief. I caught two coming out of a building site last week.

TBminx

Mar 22, 2013

OMG that is horrendous and nothing can be done? Can you move fields?

That poor horse.....I wonder what the parents did when found out??

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Not read the links.

But I will say that when I discovered three kids on a nearby estate come into my field, let out all my water, break into the stable and make off with property, tried to start a fire in the lane, chased the pony around with a broom-i left the following weekend.
They were 9, 12 and 13.

Ale I would move, I wouldn't wait for the day that something happens before I did.

Gimp

Gimpy Gimp Gimp
Jan 19, 2005
Not read the links.

But I will say that when I discovered three kids on a nearby estate come into my field, let out all my water, break into the stable and make off with property, tried to start a fire in the lane, chased the pony around with a broom-i left the following weekend.
They were 9, 12 and 13.

Ale I would move, I wouldn't wait for the day that something happens before I did.

bloody hell ! Dont blame you for leaving sharpish

Anna**

May 25, 2000
Shropshire
Visit site
My friend used to own this horse, his name was Ceaser and although I never met him I know he was a beautiful, handsome, gorgeous gentle giant....it's so disgusting and I was so shocked to hear about it! What has become of people today - I certainly have far more respect for animals these days than people! She sold him a couple of years ago to the current owners and my thoughts go out to them....it's being dealt with by the police but such an upsetting time for all involved! It truly is beyond words and brings tears to my eyes just at the thought of what that poor trusting boy went through!

The sad part is he is now in a safer place....Gallop Free BFG, RIP Ceaser, sleep well lad xx

Last edited:

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Thing that bugs me is even if they catch the kids that did it - very little will be done if they are minors. Not sure what sort of punishment could be dealt out to them really - to do such a terrible thing in the first place makes me wonder about their heads and what's going on in there.
Poor poor horse.