What threads do you always/never read?

Joyscarer

Dec 30, 2006
Hampshire
I always read the barefoot, land management and tack & bitting threads without fail. I usually read the feeding threads. I don't ever tend to read the showing/dressage sporty type threads.

I don't tend to read many of the off topic threads.

I usually get irritated by the NH threads on other boards but find NR uniquely tollerant of those with differing approaches.

I love reading about people looking for new horses or those who have just got a new horse and following their trials and tribulations.

There are certain users whom I always read.

So what are your must reads and steer clear threads?

I dont have a 'type' of thread. It depends entirely on my mood and what catches my eye.

Once or twice people have mentioned that they follow a particular person's posts but I dont really do that either unless they are up to something I want to nosey about - after all who now cannot be glued to the saga of LWTB's search for a horse! Its not that Im not interested - more that Im not very good at keeping track of who is who! (its why I dont watch the soaps either - no idea who is who) Despite my frequency and length of term i would struggle to tell you much about anyone in particular, what their horse was called etc. There are one or two I 'know' but generally Im rubbish!

My interests change from week to week depending on what is going on in my horsey life so I pick accordingly or if Im trying to avoid stuff like work then Ill just read everything regardless!

It is what catches my eye mostly and also threads from people like Trewsers cause she always makes me laugh (well most of the time) and threads by people I know i.e. kayjayhorses, maggiemooo etc but mainly the title which catches my eye.

I never look at the categories :eek: I just click on New Posts and see which titles grab my attention. The title I always avoid is "confirmation critique?" because (a) it's spelled wrong :)wink:) and (b) I'm no good at conformation so can never see what others are commenting on - which is a paradox in itself because I'll never learn, will I? :mstickle:

I tend to assume that no'one reads anything I post! How sad is that . . .

As for what I read . . . I too click on "New Posts (All)" but if there's a thread I've been particularly interested in I will track it down to see where it ended up . . . usually those about new horses, nervous/novice riders, feeding, horse care/feeding . . . I do love a good "I've found my forever friend" story and I love to hear about poster's journeys with their horses.

N

I know what you mean about never being able to keep with who's who and who has what horse. I'm terrible for it.

I wish everyone was able to do a potted history in their profile so I could click to check uo in secret so I don't feel like such a numpty :redface:

It's one of things I dread when I meet up with Ruskii and Flump. They are so good at knowing who people are and what their history/horses are and I'm wholey inferior in comparison.

It's one of the reasons I'm so keen to have a Southern mini meet as I have half a chance of remembering people I've met.

I tend to assume that no'one reads anything I post! How sad is that . . .

As for what I read . . . I too click on "New Posts (All)" but if there's a thread I've been particularly interested in I will track it down to see where it ended up . . . usually those about new horses, nervous/novice riders, feeding, horse care/feeding . . . I do love a good "I've found my forever friend" story and I love to hear about poster's journeys with their horses.

N

Ah a newbie, alway good to see new blood on the forum. Welcome, I look forward to reading more of your posts in future!!!!!!!!!! :mstickle: :giggle:

Joyscarer . . . I've been here for years . . . I just don't post much . . . but thanks for the welcome anyway :)

I always click on new posts (all) and just read whatever takes my fancy, favourites are new horses, hacking confidence, diaries, and anyone having a rant cos it always makes me feel better about myself to realize other people get wound up about things too!!:giggle: Also read the threads were someone is obviously feeling down as have been there myself and found peeps on here really helped me with words of wisdom and a bit of sympathy!

But usually if someone has already posted what I was going to say on the subject I dont always reply.

The ones I try an avoid are the ' Does my saddle fit'? Havent a clue from just piccys. Feeding for specials problems - leave that to Popularfurball the NR expert!:smile: Confirmation - who gives a damn, so long as you love your horse and it does what you want doesn't matter what shape, size or movement its got IMO. Anything off topic that is either fashion, makeup or obviously a young persons subject.......wouldn't have a clue and would make a total wotsit of myself trying to give a constructive opinion or answer.:bounce:

i usually go on new posts and read what takes my fancy on there. I do search if looking for something particular or look in that forum tab ie barefoot or breeding (my faves at the min)

I too click on new posts (all) and read whatever takes my fancy.

There are some diaries I like to follow, and I'll always read anything about horse and rider training and field management. I don't always read Sofa or cafe threads, it depends on how much time I've got and how I'm feeling.

I always look at cries for help, in case I can.

i tend to read any threads that catch my eye, dependant on my mood too.I like to read people's blogs & hear about their experiences with their horses/ponio's. I am a bit lazy really and dont search through the blogs for new ones to read, which i should do really. :redface:

I usually click new posts or read the front page. I do try and follow quite a few of the regulars on here (am not a stalker honest!!!!)
Have to say I do avoid natural horsemanship threads a lot of the time as I don't feel qualified to answer or join in. I don't really understand a lot of the threads in that section - its a bit technical for me. I could do with an idiot guide to NH !!!!

I tend to avoid chit chat threads, but it depends on my mood and time avaiable - Ill read most posts if I have lots of time, but if Im just popping on quickly then I stick to feeding/health things generally.

Though the downside of that is I then miss the other posts as they are obviously not new when I log in later.

I sort of live in the cafe, but like most it's what catches my eye as oppose to the area. Maybe the title or the user or because it says photos.

I don't use the Sofa.

My mood changes but i do read tack area, esp. treeless ones. Maybe the barefoot section. Sometimes the nh threads, though that sections doesn't get many responses.

Anyone with a cob if it's the title i'll probably read it.:wink:

I love fun threads such as this one.

When I first joined it was for purely horsey training stuff and I didn't see the forum as a social place but now I read pretty much everything. My special interests are confidence related, training horse, training rider, members' diaries, anything with 'help' in the title - that always catches my eye!
I'm not very good at feeding, vet and injuries, feet - I guess I'll be the hypcrite that only takes an interest if I have those particular problems myself but when I have time I will find myself reading threads I wouldn't usually feel attracted to - and I usually find I learn something new! I should really take heed of them more!

Oh yeah and the treeless saddle threads always make me think I need to learn a foreign language to understand whats being discussed so I usually give up. :redface::help:

I'm the one that avoids a thread for a while cause I don't think it applies to me, only to watch it reappear again and again - once its on about its fourth page I think - whats going on in there thats so fascinating?! And my nose then bothers me enough to go check.

I use the 'New Posts' button so tend to read a variety of threads. I certainly follow certain peoples threads, especially stories about their horses and trips out etc. I read everything really but only tend to reply to stuff which I might know something about (which isn't much to be honest!).

I'm the one that avoids a thread for a while cause I don't think it applies to me, only to watch it reappear again and again - once its on about its fourth page I think - whats going on in there thats so fascinating?! And my nose then bothers me enough to go check.

Yep, me too! :giggle::redface:

newrider.com