What is your favorite helmet brand??

jumper-4-joy

I luv Ash!!!
Oct 21, 2005
California, USA
Hey,
I am going to the western states horse expo in June and am going to buy a new helmet. I have had mine for probably atleast 4 years, if not 5 and have fallen off many times in it and think I need a new one. What would you recommend?? I saw the tipperary event helmet, really like it (price is right to). What brand of helmet do you recommend??

I like my troxel for day to day fun riding...................lots of pretty colours too.

April14th4.png

If you want a super safe helmet, Gatehouse do eventing skull caps that meet a higher safety standard than the bog standard helmets on the market. I love mine, it's really comfy, although it's silver so I have to use a silk or it makes me look like a human cannonball...They are expensive too, worth it IMO.

I love my hat and am having trouble replacing it.

It is a JTE classic with a padded harness and synthetic suede cover. I think it cost about £80 two and a half years ago.

But I have fallen loads and I can hear it cracking so it needs replacing.

Most local shops - incouding the one where I bought the previous -are offering to order one in for me but can't guarantee that it will fit, and would expect me to pay for it even if it doesn't....

I find the really lightweight ones quite uncomfortable.

Gatehouse do eventing skull caps that meet a higher safety standard than the bog standard helmets on the market.

Me too Iron maiden. very comfy and I was unscathed when I fell last week.

Oh, you're going to Horse Expo!! I went last year, and am thinking of going again this year. It's super fun, and there are tons of vendors and booths. Monty Roberts does demonstrations, and I believe there were a few other big name trainers (lyons, cox) also present, in addition to dressage demonstrations, etc.

As for helmets, I've always gone with Troxel. They come in fun colors and are pretty hardy. I just got a new one last thanksgiving in a pretty hunter green.

newrider.com