What have you learnt this year?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
It doesn't have to be horse related.

I will start.

I have discovered there is a shop /store in New York called Bloomingdales.
I only found that out from finding a few bags on my go to website.
I needed to put a bid on. (In my defense I don't have a bag that can cope with rain, mud and a horse that puts their nose in it)
So if I win it I will share.

I have never been to America, but I was able to then to have a virtual walk round the area.

Reactions: Trewsers
I've heard of Bloomingdales. I am sure it was mentioned a few times on Sex and the City (long time ago lol).

So far this year (and as it's only the third day in) I have learnt;
Netflix is full of tosh and you have to really sift through to find anything worth watching hahahaaa. So I've not really been missing out on the not having a tv front all these years.
Jane and Ziggy mentioned analemma. I googled it. Interesting stuff!
The red bin liners the council provide are thin, so thin that not only is it very easy to inadvertently pierce them as you get them off the roll, the local rat populous easily nibbles their way through in one fine bite, leaving a trail of destruction that you have to sweep up, put back inside and re-seal. And hope the council collect in the morning!

Horse related; I have learnt that although Storm does have a good appetite, she can still sniff out antibiotics within the nth of a second. Today this was proved by her diving right in there for the mash but quickly ejecting apple slice all over the byre floor. Back to square one then.

Horse related; I have learnt that although Storm does have a good appetite, she can still sniff out antibiotics within the nth of a second. Today this was proved by her diving right in there for the mash but quickly ejecting apple slice all over the byre floor. Back to square one then.
Try sugar free jelly, it worked an absolute treat hiding Dan’s paracetamol which he absolutely despised.

Ear ache is wretched from memory. How dreadful for you. Presume you have some kind of painkillers / treatment?
Picked up antibiotics today, I gave it a good week since it got bad but it obviously isn’t going to clear off without help so I relented and went to the doc.

Picked up antibiotics today, I gave it a good week since it got bad but it obviously isn’t going to clear off without help so I relented and went to the doc.
I hope they kick in soon. I don't like taking stuff either. But I was mighty glad when the dentist gave me some last year for a re-current infection in my jaw.

Reactions: Jessey
Bloomingdales is mentioned in a film or two. Was it in a Tom Hanks film, maybe the one about the mermaid. Home Alone also springs to mind.

Bloomingdale’s also on friend. Monica went with Ross’s new girlfriend Julie and Rachel got very upset as it is special!

It's really painful, especially with the cold and wet weather.
Hope it clears up.

I wonder if horses ever get ear ache.

Reactions: Jessey
Bloomingdales is mentioned in a film or two. Was it in a Tom Hanks film, maybe the one about the mermaid. Home Alone also springs to mind.
The mermaid one is Splash, not sure if they mention it.
Only realised recently it had Room Hanks in it.

Hmmm not sure I’ve learned much in three days, perhaps I need to set myself some challenges.
I too have heard of Bloomingdale’s no idea from where though.

Well the bag is mine, so will share in case anyone else wants to be misled and get a bag.

I have learnt to listen to a stranger when they said if you whistle to the Robin, it comes out of the hedge.
Now I whistle to a Robin and a horse. 😂
I don't know how or why that started to be honest. But she knows to come and it's worth it, ie am opening up a paddock of grass, I have a carrot.

Just had to look it up and yes your right the film was splash and it is mentioned in the film.

Looks like a number of films were actually filmed there too.

Actually I did figure something out in the last few days, something I’ve been mulling on for months, why Niko digs random ruddy great holes. Jess has taught him about nettle root’s being good to eat, she snuffles the dirt and gently teases them out, Niko is just less delicate 🤣🤣🤣

newrider.com