What Has Your Horse/Pony Broken Lately?

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Tilley has officially been with me for one week, and to christen the day broke a headcollar, I never did like the blue one anyway:smile:

Bean's done a couple of lead ropes and a headcollar, he also likes to break rugs!

And Rosie 2 of my ribs! Oh and a set of reins and some overeach boots she ripped. :D

Forever ruining rugs in summer though that's not her fault really...

Rascal on the other hand... Where do IStary?! *groans* he's a walking demolition man. Fencing, grooming kits, buckets... He just sort of explodes and trashes the place, thinking about it - it's a bit like being hit by the cartoon character Taz!!!

A trampoline, that was staked in the ménage field.. he put his head through the net:smile:
Anyway they've been complaining ever since... How do you explain to a Yo that putting children's toys in a field used by horses is a no no? If my horse had broke his neck, would they still be bleating on about it, or shut up because I'd have been suing them:angel:?

Lots of plastic electric fence posts. Ripped rugs. Tub trug water bucket - just after Asda atopped selling them cheap!! Wing mirror on horsebox - she had an itch!!

Mine broke one of those 'indestructable' rubber tyre feed bowls... but come to think of it, nothing else really - not since I got him 4 years ago... Quite lucky really, I'll stop moaning about the feed bowl I guess :D ;)

In the past week and a half...
2 stable rugs, the hood from his turnout rug, the bar that goes across his stable door, 4 pieces of tie-up string and a bucket. Oh, and the electric fencing that separates his field from one with LOADS of grass is now looking decidedly saggy :redface:

I have to be honest my two are pretty good

Sioned has trashed the front of her Rug by pushing up against the
fencing gazing lovingly at a Gelding two fields away, but the Rug is about
3 years old anyway and was getting a little tatty.

They are forever trashing the leccy fencing, but thats my fault for not
keeping the batteries topped up !

Oh, they DO trash the Neighbours TREES and BUSHES that hang over into
the field:biggrin:

She did crack the tack box, but it already had a crack in it anyway, so was weak wasn't it.:giggle:

Rhia has been quite well behaved recently, She broke Holls feed bucket the other week but that is my fault for buying a plastic one and letting her anywhere near it.

She isn't the gentlest of animals though :redface: and has broken lots of things in the past. One that sticks out was a reinforced chain my friend had across her stable. She was loose outside the stable and this horse had haylage inside her stable so Rhia just barged through the chain snapping it straight away. The chain had been used as a door on that stable with the same horse for over ten years and is a much bigger horse than little destructor pony.

My oldie mare shredded three rugs beyond repair in a week. For some reason, she's kept the fourth in tact!

Hero seems to be part beaver and eating a field shelter.

Last edited:
Well mine have mostly been pigging out in a field for the past couple of months but when I took Joy for her first hack in ages she decided to break wind in the middle of a large group of hikers...does that count? :giggle:

Rugs, feed bucket, automatic drinker, paddock trough, fencing and very nearly my welsh pony!! My Irish cob cornered her and tried to break her legs :banghead: :stomp:

newrider.com