what a horrible mum

sjmcc

Jun 16, 2008
stalybridge cheshire
what a horrible mum my horse thinks. iv had him 5 months and he was as good as gold but just lately has been trying it on. he thinks iv sussed her out she loves being nice to me and giveing me cuddles YES iv got her just were i want .or so he thought:eek: yesterday 3 times i went to pick his foot up and 3 times he reared up so today i brought him in and went to pick the snow out his feet and up he goes again so tried again up again so he got dragged outside tied up told off n up them feet came not a problem even went round them twice to pee him off just shows what a telling off does haha he wasnt happy at all

lol yes telling them off sometimes works our new horse Diesel has become bargy in the field shelter / stable so yesterday when he tried to spin round and shoot out the not shut door I yelled at him to behave and he stood as good as gold for me to change his rug :cool: and he tried again and I just loudly said his name and he stood again. I think you have to be firm with them x

snap diesel we got him in aug this year been a little superstar but lately been a little bugger with barging out the stable but this could be due to him living out this year and being stabled before:rolleyes:

ditto all this had a go at mucking out the newly weaned foal on our yard for first time yesterday, he obviously thought 'ha ha I dont know this person!' and proceeded to try and bat me with his front hooves!

Gave him a good telling off and chased him to back of the stable with some scary arm waving and he was goods as gold while i finished stable off

Always happens with a new horse, they go through a teenage tantrum stage a few weeks/months after you get them - my lad did and he drove me mental, biting, barging, kicking, spooking ... :rolleyes:

newrider.com