Welsh Cob....

debdeb

Jan 26, 2008
essex
Could anyone please clear this one up for me... I always thought that the height limit for welsh cobs was about the 15.3 mark. There is a new livery at our yard that has been sold as a welsh cob..he's 16.3!! Please enlighten me!!:confused:

There is no height limit for D!
We bought a D gelding who was 16hh when we bought him and hes now 16.2hh his father was out of a maesmynach horse! But one of my RWAS under saddle mares was only 14.3hh and she still got me 2nd out of 28!! but she was a hell of a mover lol!
hehe
xx

I know someone with a 17.2hh section D, is only 5 years old x] absolutely gorgeous. cant tell flach though, he wants to be a big horse x] hes a section D aswel, hes at 15hh now..not sure what he will make =]

this is a sec D stallion we used to have (had to sell him because of my dads illness)
he was a rescue case, and this was taken a few days after we had got him, he had eaten twice his body weight in hay, had a bath and his feet trimmed.
i think he was over 16hh, but i cant remember exactly how tall because it was a few years ago, before it really meant anything to me :rolleyes:
his registered name is benhindy tywysog ap craddock. he bred alot of foals so if anyone has any i would be interested to hear about/see them.

(and yes i know his mane is on the wrong side, it was split and the same on both sides)
3362138495a6942490333l.jpg

hope you like him :)

newrider.com