Well today was a very expensive day out...ouch

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
I had a riding club event today the laision trophy. It is great fun and I try and do it every year. This year we were doing dressage and SJ. A nice day for Ginger with no pressure for either of us.

I have been away for a week with work got back Friday lunch thought I better ride the pony as he had the week off. He was a star.

Early start and once again I remembered why we now do novice dressage so we get a nice late start :) today was a prelim.

My smart phone fell out my pocket while loading and ginger stood on it. It was completely destroyed. Bugger not a good start.

It was on wet grass and I didn't have studs in. The warm up in a nice big field (perfect for an ex racer NOT) actually I had to eat me words he was perfect had a lovely canter round a complete dream. The test felt really nice and I came out with a huge smile. I had less then 30 minutes for a full tack change to look at the course and before we were in to jump.

I did not get to walk the course and just watched the person in front of me. Ginger popped everything with out a second look so chuffed until they told me I had missed a jump :( Opps I always let him down every time.

I had an hour break before the next round. I watched two rounds before me to check the course. Again Ginger was super better at the higher course and flew round like a pro. :)

Love this ginger boy so much. I then left the venue so I could get Ginger home and go in to town to buy a new phone as I am away again tomorrow for another week.

I didn't even look at my dressage score. To me it did not matter as ginger was awesome and I was smiling.

As it happens we came 5th out of 25! with 67.25 What a star he is.

Bless him I then had the saddler tonight (only time we could manage) He looked grumpy as I tacked him up again but ears pricked up when he saw the jump out.

He ended the day with a new ribbon and a brand new jumping saddle.

Sorry long post but so super happy with his Gingerness

Sounds like you've had a fantastic day with your Ginger superstar (aside from the phone crushing!) :D

Why does there always have to be good and bad. Why can't things always be good. Guess that's just life. Keep smiling remember the fun you've have clearing those jumps. Don't worry about the expense it's only money.

Even with the destroyed phone, that sounds like a great day, what a good boy not getting race brain on grass with all the other horses milling about :D

newrider.com