Well now I am getting my hopes up.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
I've found a potential yard and it sounds perfect. It's just round the corner from my current yard but much more secure and they never get any trouble from the travellers (it's about a 15 min walk along main road)

They offer grass livery, DIY and full livery. I would be tempted to go for the option that allows me to have a stable in case I needed it in bad weather.

The only down side is you have to cross a road to turn out your horse but I could live with this.

Other than that it sounds ideal, fields don't have too much grass in, they have a school and other things too.

Just trying to arrange a viewing now and keeping my fingers firmly crossed!!

Thanks just waiting for them to message back so I can arrange to go and have a look!

I have also just put a note on the gate of a small yard opposite where I work, would still get perhaps a little bother from the travellers if they pass by but they can't get into fields or on yard. Basic set up with just 5 boxes but might suit him :) location wise could not be better

No electricity but storage barn and water, stables are all new, hard standing area, good fencing. Let's just see if they get in touch but another promising one.

LOTS AND LOTS OF VIBES THIS IS THE PLACE:D:D

When you talk of "travelers" your meaning the gypsies??
Having issues with them at your current place with scare me.:eek:

I don't think we have them here and I have only seen them as they are portrayed
in a tv show or movie.

Reactions: MrA
Sorry for going on, this has taken over my life right now.

I'm off to look at the yard that I left the note on the gate tomorrow :D

Very nice sounding farmer who owns 4 small independent yards. The yard I'm looking at is 6 boxes and 2 good sized fields. Excellent fencing, good shelter, seems a very nice set up. So fingers crossed because it's a fair bit cheaper than where I am now, could not get any closer to work and seems like a lovely set up.

Really hope that one of these yards is perfect for us. My anxiety levels are at a million currently worrying about it all.

newrider.com