Well it's Friday and.......

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I'm waiting for a feed / bedding delivery and then am hoping to ride Stormy:smile:
Going Sainos later for swede and apples for the girls! (Entertainment for the yard rest!!)
Tomorrow I'm having a clear out in the lounge - ready for starting decorating and Sunday I'll be choosing paint and ordering storage boxes off ebay. In between that I hope to take Chloe n Storm for an in hand graze (subject to their initial behaviour at getting outside the arena:bounce:) and sampling some of Mr T's delicious home made food (he promises a good menu!).
So - over to you........

Riding lesson later today, tomorrow mooching about, Sunday I am moving Pops to her training yard in Aylesbury. Feeling pretty ambivalent and a wee bit emotional about that tbh.

Sounds like a busy one Trews!

Squisdin, how long is Pops going to the training yard for?

We've got a reasonably busy one, family gathering tomorrow but is a 2.5hr drive away, so hoping for minimal traffic!! Got Monday off work as both Sunday and Monday will be spent clearing clutter out of the house, we've got a fair bit of work starting in the next few weeks that all needs to be done before baby arrives, so we figured we could use the opportunity to chuck out lots of stuff we really don't need anymore!

The ponies are also all going to be tidied up (attempted this last weekend and failed at the first hurdle!), so they look respectable coming into summer! Lots of mane and tail pulling, the shedding blade will be out in force......and I shall be covered in more hair than them by the end of it all!

Also need to take the box out for a good run, hopefully will be able to use it a little more regularly after July!

Sounds like a busy one Trews!

Squisdin, how long is Pops going to the training yard for?

We've got a reasonably busy one, family gathering tomorrow but is a 2.5hr drive away, so hoping for minimal traffic!! Got Monday off work as both Sunday and Monday will be spent clearing clutter out of the house, we've got a fair bit of work starting in the next few weeks that all needs to be done before baby arrives, so we figured we could use the opportunity to chuck out lots of stuff we really don't need anymore!

The ponies are also all going to be tidied up (attempted this last weekend and failed at the first hurdle!), so they look respectable coming into summer! Lots of mane and tail pulling, the shedding blade will be out in force......and I shall be covered in more hair than them by the end of it all!

Also need to take the box out for a good run, hopefully will be able to use it a little more regularly after July!

She's booked in for a month - hopefully that will be enough time to get her working again and rehomed.

I didn't know you were expecting a baby. A human baby, right?! (You can never be completely sure on this forum!)

Haha, yep a human baby! Have been so sick though, so the ponies really have been on the back burner, am on countdown to July when baby arrives and I can start doing a bit more with the girls.

I'm sorry to hear that you're going ahead with rehoming Pops, but having been through this myself, I know what a difficult decision this must have been for you and you know in your heart when it's the right choice. I would have thought a month should be a fair while to get her on the right track and help find a new home. How are you feeling in all of this? I know how stressful it can be!

Pops will be fine Squidsin proable just what she needs and if not at least you know you have tried everything with her.

Riding tonight plus food shopping and start the prep for the dinner party on Saturday night, make traditional tudor cheesecake so it sets over night

Saturday hack both boys before going home and baking the two dessert for the evening party and prep the main courses. before driving all food over the friends house where the dinner party is being held. (my MQ is too small for 12 people)

Sat evening dinner party yeap:dance: hope I don't mess the food up.

Sunday recover from saturday night. before hacking both boys again and clean house

Haha, yep a human baby! Have been so sick though, so the ponies really have been on the back burner, am on countdown to July when baby arrives and I can start doing a bit more with the girls.

I'm sorry to hear that you're going ahead with rehoming Pops, but having been through this myself, I know what a difficult decision this must have been for you and you know in your heart when it's the right choice. I would have thought a month should be a fair while to get her on the right track and help find a new home. How are you feeling in all of this? I know how stressful it can be!

I feel sad at the thought of letting her go, and stressed about taking her to a new yard and leaving her there on Sun (although I will be visiting and the trainer is a friend of a few friends and has been recommended to me by lots of people)! But I can't really cope with the financial strain of a horse I don't ride - and I don't realistically think we're ever going to gel in a ridden sense, whatever happens with the training - and I want a horse I DO ride so I have to be practical about it.

July will be here before you know it! Although the last trimester is always the hardest as you're desperate for the baby to come along, without wanting it to be TOO early, and dying for a good night's sleep....Sadly, 4 years along, I still don't seem to be able to get one of those!

I am very excited about this weekend.

Tonight I am riding Ben after work and then drinking fizzy wine with my husband.

Tomorrow it is my youngest sons 4th birthday and we are having a party with 21 kids coming!!! I just cannot believe that he is 4. I remember a very long thread on here about guessing the date and the weight. How can that be 4 years ago? Saturday night will be spent hacking in the dusk, cleaning tack and drinking more fizzy wine.

On Sunday I am taking Ben to our first showing show. Am so excited and not at all nervous as it's all in-hand. I didn't think that any of my friends would want to come with me, but I mentioned it in passing to one of them and she said she would love to join me. I would have gone on my own, but it's nice to have someone along with me. I don't really know what to expect, but as long as Ben trots nicely in-hand (something we have been working on all week), I will be happy. In the evening, I will have more fizzy wine!

Tonight I am checking Rubic, riding Honey (practicing for dressage next weekend) and hopefully going out a run. If I've got time after dinner then I might try and do the basecoat on the bathroom walls

Tomorrow I am decorating my bathroom. If I can drag myself out of bed early enough I plan on checking on Rubic first thing, heading into town to give blood and then home to commence decorating.

Sunday the decorating will continue and I'm hoping to get my cooking done then too (I really want to make spring rolls or samosas and have bought stuff for that). In the evening I get to ride Jester the HiPo so will take him out a hack. I'm aiming for another run on Sunday too!

ETA Good luck for your show MP!

I am very excited about this weekend.

Tonight I am riding Ben after work and then drinking fizzy wine with my husband.

Tomorrow it is my youngest sons 4th birthday and we are having a party with 21 kids coming!!! I just cannot believe that he is 4. I remember a very long thread on here about guessing the date and the weight. How can that be 4 years ago? Saturday night will be spent hacking in the dusk, cleaning tack and drinking more fizzy wine.

On Sunday I am taking Ben to our first showing show. Am so excited and not at all nervous as it's all in-hand. I didn't think that any of my friends would want to come with me, but I mentioned it in passing to one of them and she said she would love to join me. I would have gone on my own, but it's nice to have someone along with me. I don't really know what to expect, but as long as Ben trots nicely in-hand (something we have been working on all week), I will be happy. In the evening, I will have more fizzy wine!

Good luck, sounds really fun. The most stressful thing won't be the trot in hand, it'll be the 21 kids running round causing chaos! Also very much liking the sound of the fizzy wine. ;)

Pretty quiet day, went to a local cafe for light lunch which my Friday Ritual. Popped to my neighbours house and stayed for a natter with a vistor they had. Came home shampoo'd Kitchen carpet and prepped supper!

I didnt sleep to good last night so Im looking forward to a bath, Corrie then bed!! Im hoping the toddler will agree :biggrin:

It must be spring cleaning time! I too am washing carpets and preparing a room for decorating. Bit of a junk room/emergency extra bedroom which didn't look bad until I moved some book cases to my new cosy sitting room ( ex dining room unused for years!) and discovered that we had decorated around all the large furniture, large patches of brown flowery 1960s wallpaper now exposed!!

I am on holiday next week:dance:

So I am on one tonight x I feel so happy, has been a hard struggle but worth every minute, and lots of effort, my horses are fine, I am fine and my art stuff is going really well.

I say I am on holiday but its not really a holiday I just have so much to do lol x

But we get there :smile:

I too was a bit giddy last night as I'm now off for 10 days - admittedly I will be revising for exams which are when we get back but holiday none the less!!

Last night I spent a couple of hours poo picking for Ohs grandads garden and then OH came home early :D we sat and ranted about estate agents and how useless they are and had tea before passing out :D

I too was a bit giddy last night as I'm now off for 10 days - admittedly I will be revising for exams which are when we get back but holiday none the less!!

Last night I spent a couple of hours poo picking for Ohs grandads garden and then OH came home early :D we sat and ranted about estate agents and how useless they are and had tea before passing out :D

Me & my OH had the same rant about estate agents last night....why are they so useless!!!! :banghead:

newrider.com