Weekend thread

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
It’s almost the weekend (I like to count Friday as the start of the weekend). What are you all doing?

I have no horsey plans as I ride during the week at the moment, but am planning on taking my eldest son to London Zoo. I am also going to plant my daffodils bulbs, and I am sure gin will feature too.

What about you?

Well I should be working all weekend but I have booked Saturday off as we (SULSAR) are receiving the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service, so we’ve got a presentation and afternoon shindig. Which reminds me I’m meant to bake a cake for it tomorrow 😋

Reactions: Huggy, MrA and MrC
I have entered a single prelim on Sunday. It works out cheeper than an arena hire rather than riding in ours at home(which I don’t want to ride in just now)! I entered the first prelim thinking the bd is normally in the main arena and they run in schedule order. The unaff is in the smaller arena. But no they are putting all the novice and elem in the main arena starting before the prelims. Then all prelims are in the smaller arena after the unaff intro. But they are doing the second prelim first and then the first prelim second. So means I don’t ride till 2.15 which wasn’t my plan. May or may not have run out of enthusiasm.

Reactions: MrA, MrC and Jessey
I'm working tomorrow. And then Sunday I'm going along to a vet hospital someone I know works at to get some more experience and have a nosey round really. Also some more revision as got my SQP exams next week 🤞and we are dog sitting Sunday to Monday. Very animal based weekend as usual 🤣

I've been away all week and only got home tonight so tomorrow I'll be going to see Luka and hoping I'm not in his bad books for abandoning him! If my back isn't too stiff from 7 hours in the car then I'll ride, but I won't know that until tomorrow.

Reactions: Huggy
I am collecting a second-hand (only a year old) heavy duty sewing machine.... I want to make some handbags. Turns out sewing machines are a bit like horses - you can't have just one! 😂

I am collecting a second-hand (only a year old) heavy duty sewing machine.... I want to make some handbags. Turns out sewing machines are a bit like horses - you can't have just one! 😂
I’ve still got two sewing machines (one good old heavy duty singer that I used to make custom bike seats with) but at one point I had four! I really wish I hadn’t sold my industrial overlocker now though. I’m looking forward to seeing your PJ’s is the pattern Sussex seamstress?

Hack didn’t happen. We were all tacked up and ready to go waiting for the others to be ready. Then robins buddy’s mum got stressed as her new pony who arrived yesterday was getting upset in the isolation stable. So we untacked, the other 3 went out and we took new pony in the school on the lunge to let him use up some energy. He settled nicely and we ended up putting robins buddy’s saddle on and it was ok. So she hoped on and had a little walk and trot both ways. Pony visibly relaxed when saddle and rider went on and he knew what he was doing. 5yo chestnut welsh. I approve!

Robin then decided on second thoughts he didn’t want to be in overnight. Suits me, so he’s back out 😊

I’m looking forward to seeing your PJ’s is the pattern Sussex seamstress?
No, it was a freebie from Ellie & Mac. Don't hold your breath for the PJ's, there are far more interesting things to create 😂

I keep a record of everything that I make (which pattern, size I trace, how it fitted etc) and I'm up to about garment number 18 now! 😳 Some things were self-drafted as test specimens, admittedly, but mostly they are wearable. I'll have to stop soon... I'll have too many clothes! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Kite_Rider
No, it was a freebie from Ellie & Mac. Don't hold your breath for the PJ's, there are far more interesting things to create 😂

I keep a record of everything that I make (which pattern, size I trace, how it fitted etc) and I'm up to about garment number 18 now! 😳 Some things were self-drafted as test specimens, admittedly, but mostly they are wearable. I'll have to stop soon... I'll have too many clothes! 😂
You can never have too many clothes!

An acquaintance of mine, a very nice person but more than a little on the spectrum, is a superb dressmaker and likes vintage and cosplay stuff. She makes at least 2 garments a week. Honestly, I have no idea where she puts them all!
I have just bought an outfit off of someone who makes things themselves. They sold it on as it didn't suit them, reasonably priced as well.
I like vintage, sort of a shame its in vogue as that's bumped the prices up on things I want (need) 😂

Gosh you are very good, I don’t keep records of anything, I’m going to try and make a long underskirt next with lots of layers to go under my SS dress, got a super chunky cardigan to finish first though.
You should post your makes on Instagram as I would love to see them.

newrider.com