Weekend plans?

Lissie

Jan 18, 2016
No weekend thread yet so thought I'd start one. What is everyone up to this weekend, any plans?

Think we're off hunting, Lottie is missing it. She spotted 3 dogs loose on a hack yesterday, went into hunting mode and did her turbo huge trot until she'd caught them up and didn't take her eyes or ears off them the whole time. She's the same hunting, loves being up front and watching them work. Think she was disappointed when she realised she wasn't hunting and had to hack home, funny pony!

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
I want to go hunting too (Sunday) but I'm having to wear my glasses instead of contacts for a week because I've an appointment at the laser vision clinic next week. It's awkward wearing glasses when it's really muddy! I can't decide ... Got a lesson tomorrow and then will be either pruning trees or cleaning horse and tack depending what I decide to do about Sunday.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
@Bodshi I know what you mean, I have to wear glasses. Yes you might end up with limited vision. I'd maybe go, although I do hate riding in mine, I wear contacts pretty much every day. Have been thinking about laser vision but my eyesight prescription changed such a lot this year from the first time I went I think I need to let them settle for a few years.

Reactions: Bodshi
My extra leccy fence posts arrived this week so I will be tinkering with the fences, the ponies have finally grazed far enough down the field that they can get around the big bramble bush and I want to get the next section of grass set so I can continue to increase their area easily. I'll try and get other jobs done too, like the trough needs filling, then the IBC will need refilling after I have done that but I think the battery for the pump is dead because I left it on too long last time......lots of chores is good though, it means I can justify putting off unpacking any more :p

Then I'll be riding Jess both days, she's done nothing all week because of crap weather. I'll be doing a little more harrowing with Hank and I might even put the little git between the shafts, he's spent all week getting up to mischief so he obviously needs something to distract him :rolleyes:

Well our forecast is a bit windy, so I was going to help OH replace gutters on the byre, but might give that a miss. However, I've got my sand and cementing head on lol so want to do a bit inside the barn, there's some loose pointing where madam clobbered it when Zi was trying to get friendly with her:eek::oops::p
Apart from that, I don't have a lot planned, if the weather isn't conducive to being outdoors as much I'll be happy to catch up on some horsey reading and I have a beautiful horsey stress relief colouring book that santa got me to start:Dso I won't be bored:)then again, I could always chip away at some of the grooming I need to do indoors.......o_O

Reactions: Lissie and joellie
My extra leccy fence posts arrived this week so I will be tinkering with the fences, the ponies have finally grazed far enough down the field that they can get around the big bramble bush and I want to get the next section of grass set so I can continue to increase their area easily. I'll try and get other jobs done too, like the trough needs filling, then the IBC will need refilling after I have done that but I think the battery for the pump is dead because I left it on too long last time......lots of chores is good though, it means I can justify putting off unpacking any more :p

Then I'll be riding Jess both days, she's done nothing all week because of crap weather. I'll be doing a little more harrowing with Hank and I might even put the little git between the shafts, he's spent all week getting up to mischief so he obviously needs something to distract him :rolleyes:

Oh yes, knickers to the unpacking, you can just do it as you go along:pevery time you need something......hehee

Reactions: Jessey
I'll be starting to gear up for my yard move. Currently my feed is included but at my new yard I have to supply it so I need feed bins, a feed scoop and feed. Also Harvey will be bedded on straw at the new yard so I need a pitchfork! I probably won't get everything but I can start pricing things up!
I'll also be helping a fellow livery clip her two ponies - they aren't very keen, so I am chief pony holder and (hopefully!) calmer. Some of the liveries might be off to the gallops on Sunday, as I can't ride until March now I will probably go and be the photographer and try not to turn too green :(

I have caught Dom's lurgy so I'm keeping a low profile at the mo. Normy "Poohsmate" is coming up on Sunday to check Gracie's saddle because I'm not happy with the fit. Fingers crossed it can be sorted with flocking rather than replacing, but we'll see.

Reactions: Lissie and Trewsers
I have caught Dom's lurgy so I'm keeping a low profile at the mo. Normy "Poohsmate" is coming up on Sunday to check Gracie's saddle because I'm not happy with the fit. Fingers crossed it can be sorted with flocking rather than replacing, but we'll see.

Vibes for the lurgy! Wow, didn't know poohsmate was still in touch, say hi from me please, we never met buti used to love his posts on here:)

I'll be starting to gear up for my yard move. Currently my feed is included but at my new yard I have to supply it so I need feed bins, a feed scoop and feed. Also Harvey will be bedded on straw at the new yard so I need a pitchfork! I probably won't get everything but I can start pricing things up!
I'll also be helping a fellow livery clip her two ponies - they aren't very keen, so I am chief pony holder and (hopefully!) calmer. Some of the liveries might be off to the gallops on Sunday, as I can't ride until March now I will probably go and be the photographer and try not to turn too green :(

Hehehe horsey shopping, you can co ordinate colours on your items......if you wanted to....:p:D

Reactions: GaryB
Hehehe horsey shopping, you can co ordinate colours on your items......if you wanted to....:p:D
When I got Harvey I decided that all of his things would be red. Sadly it didn't last for long - and I swapped to all his things were whichever colour is cheapest :) I think his feed bins will be black dustbins so I'm currently pondering how I will write on them (probably white paint!)

Reactions: Trewsers
I want to go hunting too (Sunday) but I'm having to wear my glasses instead of contacts for a week because I've an appointment at the laser vision clinic next week. It's awkward wearing glasses when it's really muddy! I can't decide ... Got a lesson tomorrow and then will be either pruning trees or cleaning horse and tack depending what I decide to do about Sunday.

I got laser done this time last year and its the best thing I ever did :D Hope your consultation goes well.

Reactions: Lissie
Don't think I will up to doing much as I have been hit with some sort of bug or something, absolutely no energy, I slept all day yesterday in between seeing to animals and humans :( not quite so bad today but still tired and shivery.

Don't think I will up to doing much as I have been hit with some sort of bug or something, absolutely no energy, I slept all day yesterday in between seeing to animals and humans :( not quite so bad today but still tired and shivery.

Oh no, lots of healing vibes coming. There is a huge amount of lergi about right now, my brother in law has it and hasn't been eating properly and has no energy.

Reactions: joellie
I got laser done this time last year and its the best thing I ever did :D Hope your consultation goes well.

Thanks! I've had one consultation already. I thought I was going to be having the lens replacement surgery rather than the laser but the consultant says he can achieve just as good vision with laser. Only thing is that apparently I have dry eyes so he sent me away to take Omega oil supplements and put a heat pad on my eyes every day and he's going to assess me again next week. If my eyes are still dry I might end up with the replacement lenses after all because apparently laser can make them even more dry. I'm excited though.

Did you have yours done one at a time or both together? And did you have to wait before you could ride? I asked about work and he said I would have it done on a Friday and be back to work on Monday which impressed me so much I forgot to ask if I could have my riding lesson on the Saturday!

Get well soon you too!

Reactions: joellie
Thanks! I've had one consultation already. I thought I was going to be having the lens replacement surgery rather than the laser but the consultant says he can achieve just as good vision with laser. Only thing is that apparently I have dry eyes so he sent me away to take Omega oil supplements and put a heat pad on my eyes every day and he's going to assess me again next week. If my eyes are still dry I might end up with the replacement lenses after all because apparently laser can make them even more dry. I'm excited though.

Did you have yours done one at a time or both together? And did you have to wait before you could ride? I asked about work and he said I would have it done on a Friday and be back to work on Monday which impressed me so much I forgot to ask if I could have my riding lesson on the Saturday!

I got both mine done at the same time and didn't feel a thing. My eyes were sensitive to light afterwards so I lay down for a couple of hours when I got home with the goggles on that they provide for night time. After a couple of hours my eyes were fine. They told me not to ride for at least a fortnight but I don't think I lasted that long lol it has something do with the flap healing and a fall apparently could displace it, I thnk thats what they said? Also I had to wear welding goggles when mucking out as you have to be careful not to get dust etc in your eyes and also your not allowed to swim or shower for a fortnight or wear eye make up, its just until the flap heals.
You wont regret it, its really great being free from glasses and contact lenses :D

Reactions: Lissie and Bodshi
newrider.com