Weekend plans are ruining my diet

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
I have been extra good all week with 4 hard gym sessions, a jumping session on Ginger a flat work lesson on Ginger and hacking Chanter that with a very careful diet will all be ruined as from tomorrow.:giggle:

My FS is leaving so he is bring in cakes then we are going for lunch. I am out to dinner followed by drinks with the girls that night.

Saturday the girls from the yard and I are going for a american style breakfast. then a show on Sunday means junk food all day:frown:

I now have to work twice as hard next week:frown:

But you aren't even fat!!! Why are you worrying??!!
This was what I was thinking... OBC you don't need to diet, but if you feel the need damage limitation is your friend, although I'm sure you already know that.

Arena UK? :smile:

Not this week a local one at Norton with a mate.

This was what I was thinking... OBC you don't need to diet, but if you feel the need damage limitation is your friend, although I'm sure you already know that.

Arg but the reason I am slim is because I train so sodding hard as I love my food.

I have just changed my lunch order from chips and steak panni to Ploughmans lunch. boo hiss but it does mean I can enjoy the Italian in the evening.

Sorry girls, i know you are trying to be nice but it annoys me as people say the same about me, that I don't need to diet.

Nobody gives you a reality check until they notice (and even then politeness means people still say nothing and try to reassure) by which time you could have gained 1.5 stone or more at which point its upsetting and burying the head is a real danger. That sort of weight takes yonks to diet off and it's depressing.

So, I've learnt my lesson and I go by trends. I've been trending steadily upwards since my op so its time to stop the rot. I may not be fat with a BMI of 23 but thats because i keep a handle on my diet, it doesn't happen naturally. It's better to act with relatively little to do so things can be fixed with a few weeks of being good, rather than having months of it looming in front of you.

Best to make the most of motivation whilst you have it because motivation is often hard to maintain. That makes anything that interrupts the diet quite a big deal as its so hard to get back to it if you do need to take a break.

JC I know how hard you have tried over the years and have been very successful on the Cambridge Diet for which I applaud you it must be hard now after your Op to see the weight creeping on I hope you are well enough and motivated enough which I believe you are to make the change.

I get a lot of stick from people who tell me that it is OK for me as I am slim already what they don't see is what this takes to achieve.

This week alone I have run 10K on Monday plus abs, followed by Flatwork lesson 45m.
45m spinnning session (I teach) on Tuesday, followed by weights and abs, schoolinh chanter 45, then hacking ginger
Wed day off gym but jumping lesson, hack on Chanter
Today, 5K run (training a friend) followed straight by X Fit session than abs, Schholing Ginger, hacking Chanter.

Plus the poo picking twice a day. I also have to watch what I eat.

I have three sisters all of which are a size 20 so it does not run in the family.

I feel your pain,my weight isn't too out the way,but I have to be quite careful to maintain it food wise,is always a struggle and always has been.

Oh to be one of those people who can eat what they like and never give it a second thought!! That's what i want to come back as in my next life,someone with a fast metabolism lol

On the upside OBC,your weekend food does sound very nice,even the ploughmans:smile:

I get a lot of stick from people who tell me that it is OK for me as I am slim already what they don't see is what this takes to achieve.

I too get this all the time, people think you are just slim and maintain your lovely figure naturally.
I don't diet, have not dieted for more years than I can remember but if I ate like a lot do and didn't have any exercise I'd be overweight, I know that, that's why I said about damage limitation.
I suppose I'm lucky in that I actually prefer healthy, low fat, low sugar food to more calorie laden food.

I too get this all the time, people think you are just slim and maintain your lovely figure naturally.
I don't diet, have not dieted for more years than I can remember but if I ate like a lot do and didn't have any exercise I'd be overweight, I know that, that's why I said about damage limitation.
I suppose I'm lucky in that I actually prefer healthy, low fat, low sugar food to more calorie laden food.

There's definitely a culture of 'oh you don't need to diet' - particularly amongst women who don't want to see others succeeding where they're failing. We even egg our mates to fall off the diet wagon! Which is all well and good, I personally don't care how big people are so long as they're happy in themselves, but it does matter when it comes to riding horses. I've seen a lot of big people recently on horses that frankly look like they're struggling to carry them. I don't think that's fair.

Disclaimer: this does not apply to anyone on this board as I have no idea what most of you look like! It's a general observation from going to horse shows in my area.

Same, I'm going to eat so badly this weekend! Got pizza tonight and then got a weekend off so going to London for a batman all nighter tomorrow, so that means big dinner and lots of rubbish! And then Sunday I will be tired so eat even worse.

Feel really terrible about it aswell, going to sneak in a run tonight after cycling to the yard and back, then try go swimming tomorrow before more cycling. And another run Sunday. Trying to stay slim is a pain!

Sorry ......!!! I don't diet and I am not fat. I am not thin either, but eat and drink when I am hungry, so always think everyone else is the same if they look slim!

I think I would be dead if I had to fit in all that exercise as well as work full time and my horse and my 70 tame lambs!!!

I'm like the above. I have to do loads of exercise per day to keep my weight down. 1000 calories a day and 2 hours of exercise. It's really hard to fit in. x

Well I lived through the weekend, Friday night was Ok I was careful with my choices but drank too much and had a food belly all saturday, I just had a sandwich on Sat and did not eat much at my friends house that night.

Today I still felt bloated so only had a small cake thing at the show and a sandwich when I got home, Dinner was scrambled egg and beans on toast.

Salad has all been chopped up for the week in tubs ready to make up the night before. I was meant to be teaching spinning on tuesday but taking a friends horse to the vets instead. So will run tomorrow and go from there.

Will check out the damage on the scales in the morning. :frown:

newrider.com