Weather changing again

carthorse

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
I don't know about where everyone else is, but here it feels like it's gone from early summer to late autumn in a day, and it sounds like winter is back tomorrow evening :eek: . I have a feeling Luka will be back in if there's even a hint of the snow we're forecast, and after a week of naked he's now back in a rainsheet and will be in more than that tomorrow night. I'm back to jumper and coat, and a fair bit of whinging šŸ¤£

TORNADO SAFETY AND PREPAREDNESS​

Severe Weather Outbreak Packing Widespread Damaging Winds, Tornadoes About to Begin in the South​

By weather.com meteorologists​

~5:30 PM Central, 03-29-22​

SouthSevere329AM.jpeg

They are already preparing us - my area has been upgraded to a Level 3 possibility for tornadoes (plural). If they say a Torcon of three that means we could hit 4.

Duncan, Rustyā€™s companion horse, is traveling across the southern half of the U.S. as I write this. He is with a well established professional transport company but I will lose a lot of sleep anywayšŸ¤šŸ¤

Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Possible in South Over Next Three Days
Here's a look at who could see severe storms and tornadoes to end the month of March.

0 seconds of 1 minute, 24 seconds

At a Glance​

• A widespread storm will track through the central and eastern states.

Yep its gone from spring to not here overnight too, Jess has been naked most of the time since Christmas, she was very confused when I appeared with her rain sheet this morning, but with cold and wet on the way this afternoon I wanted it on before she's wet.

I hope the tornadoes aren't as bad as predicted and avoid people where they do hit

I don't know about where everyone else is, but here it feels like it's gone from early summer to late autumn in a day, and it sounds like winter is back tomorrow evening :eek: . I have a feeling Luka will be back in if there's even a hint of the snow we're forecast, and after a week of naked he's now back in a rainsheet and will be in more than that tomorrow night. I'm back to jumper and coat, and a fair bit of whinging šŸ¤£
Yeah very horrible day weather has changed drastically.:confused:

It's just a bit grey and grim here, and wet yesterday. Normally, I'd be grinding my teeth at not being able to go out, but having the week off because of our move, I'm not as disappointed. Better clear up next week though!!

Grey here, rain later. Was light drizzle yesterday mirning but got heavier as the day went on. I opted not to put billys rug on yesterday, was later feeling guilty but told myself hes got more coat than the cows. Albeit i did bath him at the weekend which washed most of the protective grease out.

Half bald ale is naked today but I'm back at lunch so he's getting his rain sheet on then before any rain is due and then I'm heading back about 7/8 and I've got his medium with a neck ready in case needed. Apparently will feel like minus 4 tonight! But I too am very grateful we don't get tornadoes, hope you're okay @Lollykay

When I was young there were several years when it snowed at Easter.

A few years ago we had snow in mid May, and it wasn't just a few flakes. I'd stayed at home to nurse Jim while my husband went to Scotland - he phoned me to say he was eating ice cream on the walls of Edinburgh castle and thought I was joking when I said it was snowing at home!

it must have been 2011 we had snow in May too, I'd just started working with someone from the southern US where it never snows and he was saying how the weather was so much better than he had expected in England, I tongue in cheek said 'don't say that or it will snow next week', and it did.

I can cut the air with a butter knife this morning and the Gulf wind is picking up. Conversely my brother lives 50 minutes SE of the Great Lakes and he will probably see spittinā€™ snow from this system šŸ™„šŸ™„

The cold front coming from the west is set to collide with all that Gulf moisture just below Middle Tennessee. The states south of us will see the worst of it.

As of this writing, my area has been upgraded to on the solid edge of a Torcon of FouršŸ¤ÆšŸ¤Æ

We have cloud cover ATM. We need the could cover to stay put, so as to help lower the juice in the air. Less dewpoint means storms donā€™t have as big of a chance to develop into something really ugly.

Rusty went out with a fly mask even though thereā€™s no flies. I want his beautiful eyes protected from any sort of flying debris, no matter how innocent it might bešŸ˜˜

I can cut the air with a butter knife this morning and the Gulf wind is picking up. Conversely my brother lives 50 minutes SE of the Great Lakes and he will probably see spittinā€™ snow from this system šŸ™„šŸ™„

The cold front coming from the west is set to collide with all that Gulf moisture just below Middle Tennessee. The states south of us will see the worst of it.

As of this writing, my area has been upgraded to on the solid edge of a Torcon of FouršŸ¤ÆšŸ¤Æ

We have cloud cover ATM. We need the could cover to stay put, so as to help lower the juice in the air. Less dewpoint means storms donā€™t have as big of a chance to develop into something really ugly.

Rusty went out with a fly mask even though thereā€™s no flies. I want his beautiful eyes protected from any sort of flying debris, no matter how innocent it might bešŸ˜˜
Hope you are all okay and safe.

Reactions: Lollykay
Not tried a fly rug and then putting a rainsheet over the top. Was wondering about this the other day. They have so many buckles and velcros to do its a faff keep changing between fly and rain sheet.
Im concerned for chunky this year. Wondering on the chilly spring nights whether i could throw the rain sheet over the top and remove in the morning.
I know a few double rug but when i tried it on winter rugs they slid badly. Ive never tried it with the white fly sheets. Might give it a go and see what happens.

PS if anyone reads my threads and thinks i cant spell please ignore. Im having trouble with my tablet keybord and it keeps missing letters. Im having to go back and correct it all the time. New tablet on the cards. This one is worn out.

newrider.com