We had an amazing day! (Charity Ride)

CassiopeiaCleo

Apr 26, 2017
Today me and Cleo went out on our first fun ride in about five years! We were supposed to be going with someone else from the yard but they dropped out, so we went alone (sort of- we met up with friends when we got there!). Cleo hasn't been on a lorry properly for over a year, but she loaded and travelled brilliantly there and back.

When we unloaded at the venue she was really chilled out and stood quietly by the lorry whilst I went to sign in etc. Tacked up and got on and went over to our friends and we set off. As soon as we went she was jogging and feeling very 'up for it' but she was still her usual sensible self. We soon learnt that our friend's horse's trot is much faster than Cleo's, so we ended up cantering behind her most of the time!

All of us were terrible at map reading so we kind of just went with the flow, the first thing we came across was the gallops, and well we'd planned for a nice steady canter but again, my friend's horse's canter is considerably faster than Cleo's... so we had a flat out gallop instead! It's the first time I've ever had a proper gallop on her and she was flying, it felt amazing! (And no it still wasn't enough to keep up with our friend!)

We rode around the rest of the route and had some nice canters, then we took the optional route to the pub and had a quick stop there before heading back to the gallops once more and going back to the trailers.

It was a brilliant ride, the whole course was 10K so we did that and a bit extra, it was all off road apart from a few minutes to the pub and back. Cleo didn't put a foot wrong the whole way round, I've never felt her so happy and eager before, it was wonderful. I think it's just what she needed!

I'm looking forwards to seeing the professional pictures, but here are a few we took:

18222478_1868743676712346_9082775476251978973_n.jpg

18221589_1868667016720012_2005803790116528872_n.jpg

18221583_1868667023386678_8082710134891898654_n.jpg

18301047_1868667036720010_8383265227680092322_n.jpg

Sounds and looks amazing. Glad you had such a good time, and what a good girl Cleo is. And what long ears she has too! Pretty girlie :)

OT, but your ground looks like ours, dry and hard. We're praying for rain and some warmth here to make the grass grow.

Oh well done, it sounds like so much fun. Cleo must be brilliant to be so well behaved for being out on her first fun ride in five years!! :D

Our ground is incredibly hard at the moment :( Luckily a lot of it was well cushioned with grass for cantering! This ride was at Wellow Equestrian Centre in Nottinghamshire, it was gorgeous! I'm in Derby but it was only an hour away :)

I am so impressed with Cleo, I was expecting her to be a bit silly (she's always sensible) but she was fabulous! I've got no worries about taking her out again :D

Our ground is incredibly hard at the moment :( Luckily a lot of it was well cushioned with grass for cantering! This ride was at Wellow Equestrian Centre in Nottinghamshire, it was gorgeous! I'm in Derby but it was only an hour away :)

How strange, I was thinking of going there next week. I'm in Yorkshire, but it's an hour from me too, easy to get to. I've done a ride there before, can't remember if it was Sport Endurance or Endurance GB but I got lost (not unusual and not on my own for a change!) The ride seemed to go round in lots of loops and we got confused as to which we'd already done - we experienced a lot of deja vu, in fact we passed the photographer twice, which we weren't meant to do :oops: Lovely ride though.

newrider.com