We did it!!

HaloHoney

Apr 30, 2017
Showjumping today involved neither going over the handlebars nor exiting via the side door. Clear, and clear in the jump off but no frilly. That's our PB. :D

I have video:

Jump off:

Bearing in mind I've had him only for 6 weeks, and I've had literally 3 jumping lessons... I'm proud of what we've already achieved and excited by where we're going. :)

Yay well done :D I would never have remembered that course :oops:
1, 2, head to edge of arena, get into the corner, turn right, 3 straight ahead of you, leftish, go to edge of arena, into corner, 4a, 4b, head to edge of arena, rightish, 5 is in front of you, follow edge of arena, fence 6 in between 4a&b... head to edge of arena, bear left, 7, follow edge of arena round, 8, follow edge of arena round, 9... you're done!

When you were at the edge of the arena there was always an obvious direction you should be heading in (i.e. There are no fences to your right, so I must have to go left).

I am a bear of very little brain, and I remembered it. I am certain you would too. :D

Reactions: Jessey
Showjumping today involved neither going over the handlebars nor exiting via the side door. Clear, and clear in the jump off but no frilly. That's our PB. :D

I have video:

Jump off:

Bearing in mind I've had him only for 6 weeks, and I've had literally 3 jumping lessons... I'm proud of what we've already achieved and excited by where we're going. :)

Congratulations, HaloHoney! I hope to achieve the same thing with a horse someday. :)

Just did our first dressage test yesterday and got 61.74% from a BD judge.

Didn't place, but I don't care as I was expecting 50%.

Jumping lesson today from Malcolm Gooden...

Just did our first dressage test yesterday and got 61.74% from a BD judge.

Didn't place, but I don't care as I was expecting 50%.

Jumping lesson today from Malcolm Gooden...
Sounds great. My treat sheet gave me few little tips at the bottom and she was really nice.
So glad you are enjoying yourself. Bet you are still grinning. :)

So far today we've had a jump lesson with Malcolm and I can now feel confident attempting a 2'6 cross pole. Then I'm a dressage lesson we found Flash has tummy muscles and we're starting to get him to round up (wow that feels different to sit on!) and just now I had another lesson in which I learned we can leg yield, which helps him track up properly.

When I get him going he has a MASSIVE trot. So much so that in the indoor school I was catching up behind everyone else to the point where most of what I was doing was circling, rather than going straight because he covers so much ground. I bloody love my horse.

Can't wait for the in-house show at my yard in 17 days. I want a frilly!

newrider.com