We are on the market!

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
And I'm so scared!! I don't want people tramping around our home criticising things. Yes I know, I'm too sensitive. But it's our home and it's a light, bright space which is quiet, cosy and so handy for amenities (I'm just back from the 30 second walk to obtain fresh croissants!). I guess I just need to man up and take it on the chin. Still very sad to be parting with it however if we can get the dream house that would be amazing!

I SO understand how you are feeling. When we put our last house up for sale I felt very protective of it. It had been our first home together and held some very very special memories. We had extended it so it had changed -and I knew we were moving on to a home where we could keep the horses at home, but still, I felt apprehensive about selling. I think this is normal. I dreaded the carpet treaders!!!lol We had many people come looking weren't even in a position to buy and some that just picked and poked for something to do. You just have to keep a calm outlook - tbh I stayed down at the yard as much as possible. I got a bit anal about folk looking because everything was newly decorated etc and I worried about things getting damaged. We had some viewers that smashed some plaster off in the kitchen! I read the riot act to the agents - they showed them around, not us, but they denied it! I was so cross - because I just knew it was them that had done the damage but you can't prove it. It took us almost twelve months to sell, and during that time I developed a thick skin!!!
Hopefully you will sell quickly and to the right people. We did in the end but it was a long haul. But when the right people came along it all went swimmingly.

Omg!! How on earth did they smash plaster off?? We are doing our own viewings which I think will make it harder for me. It's silly coz it's not even my flat! But like you say we've lots of memories in this flat. I'm away to pick up a sale board and brochures when I go out for my riding lesson. We go away Sunday for 11 days so a friend is doing viewings which will be easier. I'm hoping we may have offers by the time we come home!

Hope you get lots of offers soon! As for the plaster, well, I think they were basically poking about near where the underneath stairs used to be, noseying about and as they had a gaggle of kids......maybe just shoved into it? Either that or the bloke was just one of those pokers about who knows everything there is to know about diy.......

Fingers crossed! I just hate the not knowing and waiting. It's a cracking solid flat that has had everything major replaced so the new owners would have nothing to do. Boiler and electrics are new, it was triple glazed 3 years ago. No damp. Newish kitchen, new bathroom. It's immaculate compared to comparator properties. I'm glad I'm off out to the yard in a bit, it might stop me fretting!

Another viewing booked for tomorrow! Sounds like parents of students. They are flying up from London to look at a few properties. So we'll see!!

Reactions: Jessey
The right properties At the right price are selling fast... Ours went within a week of going on, and it took four days from our new one going on to offer being in - including two visits!

Bet it's had an offer by the time you get back from your holiday, try not to stress too much although it is hard, I sell new homes for a developer and I don't have any emotional attachment to the properties I'm selling but boy does it annoy me when people come and have a look and then start saying negative things, I want to say if you hate it that much please leave and stop wasting my time! Especially when the things they say are because it's a new build, I mean why on earth would you go to look at a new house when you don't like new houses??? Grrr.
You may not get anyone who says negative things about your lovely flat, we didn't when we sold my OH's house recently, I've a good feeling about your place so enjoy your time away and when you get back it may well be sold.

Reactions: Trewsers
The right properties At the right price are selling fast... Ours went within a week of going on, and it took four days from our new one going on to offer being in - including two visits!

So right about the ones that are priced correctly. Next door have been up for sale now a whole year and not had many views. Tbh I think he's over priced it and can't accept its not detached. He thinks he should get detached house money for it - but there's just the slight problem of ours being attached on the right.....

Well we've had 6 viewings so far. These include a few time waster buy-to-let people looking for a dirt cheap property to turn into a cash cow. We had a developer convinced that our pics were hiding a damp wall or mouldy bathroom and they were bitterly disappointed to find the flat is as good as it sounds and looks! We've a buy to let investor from London who's noted an interest. There have been a few students a newly married couple currently renting. We are giving our agents 1 more week then we'll be applying pressure for them to get it sold!! I'd hoped for an offer by now but I guess I need to be patient!! Agree on price, ours is on at a reasonable price. It's the cheapest in our area but it's a realistic price for a 1 bed. Fingers crossed!!

Reactions: Trewsers and Gimp
Viewing 9, 10, and 11 today. However we had an offer yesterday! Just a shame it's 15k below the asking price and we will not drop that low. Our agents advised us this is normal practice and to sit it out for a revised offer. I'm not actually convinced the people who put in the offer can go up to what we want but we'll see!!

Reactions: juliecwuk
Thats good your getting plenty of viewings, agree early days so well done for sitting it out :D

Oh good news and plenty of viewings, that's great, sit tight and you will get there, is your agent going back to the people who made the offer to try and get a bit more out of them?

newrider.com