Warm cat beds?

Yeah you are probably right. When Monster was alive we had to build them an outdoor shelter - at the far end of Storm's field as it was the only place they were safe from his marauding ways!!!

Its cold in the garage at night more than ever lately though - I go in to say goodnight to Husky and I wear my coat over my night attire!
Its the same temperature as the stables?
Maybe pop down some cardboard, then some straw under their blankets. That's insulating.

Reactions: Trewsers
Its the same temperature as the stables?
Maybe pop down some cardboard, then some straw under their blankets. That's insulating.
If anything I would say the stables are warmer due to the heat coming from the horses - and the hay and bedding. The garage is concrete and has a much chillier feel. Yet Husky prefers to sleep in there, I think it's because he is so glad to have found a forever home, instead of wandering and scrounging. (We think his original owner died or moved and he got forgotten and left behind).

If anything I would say the stables are warmer due to the heat coming from the horses - and the hay and bedding. The garage is concrete and has a much chillier feel. Yet Husky prefers to sleep in there, I think it's because he is so glad to have found a forever home, instead of wandering and scrounging. (We think his original owner died or moved and he got forgotten and left behind).
Maybe offer a little cardboard box and pop in some blankets and a cushion?
Mine has an old pillow, then blankets, but it has to be really really cold before she touches it. She prefers to sleep on plain surfaces.
Things can get damp as well which is then cold.

Reactions: Trewsers
Maybe offer a little cardboard box and pop in some blankets and a cushion?
Mine has an old pillow, then blankets, but it has to be really really cold before she touches it. She prefers to sleep on plain surfaces.
Things can get damp as well which is then cold.
Yeah husky has a big cardboard box with a pillow in and lately I’ve wrapped a fleece blanket round the pillow too. It’s on a pallet which is better than the concrete. We used to store horse food in there so have had a pallet in there ages which is handy. I just worry about in the middle of the night when the temp drops. And as you say if stuff gets damp it will feel cold won’t it. He often hunkers down in it during the day and just peeps over the top at me!

Pop a hole in the side of a cardboard box, then add all the bedding and close the top to capture their body heat too. My cat loves a box, but funnily not the proper igloo cat bed 🤷🏻‍♀️
I had a snugglesafe heat pad when I had my dog, he really appreciated that.

we have cat igloos which they sometimes use and sometimes don't. we also have an extra wide radiator in one bedroom at three cats are draped across it. There are also bumps under duvets....Poodles prefer human beds, Mille goes up to bed at 6pm though also likes a sofa with a wood burner. Harrison adores being under a duvet....preferably with human included. My cats are regularly in boxes or in the dog crate...20221212_142743.jpg20221212_142731.jpg20221212_142743.jpg20221212_142731.jpg

My cats have started using their insulated box! My efforts weren't in vain.

@Trewsers is Husky ear tipped or is that just the angle of the camera?
Yes his ear is tipped. Up here they have a scheme going where they try and do most of the strays and ferals for free at the local vets. However, you can still get vouchers towards the cost if you are an actual cat owner and we think his old owner must have taken advantage of the scheme. Either that or they rounded him up and did his little "op" when he was wandering loose. He used to come visit us on and off for quite some time, (about a year) after suddenly appearing. But he couldn't move into close proximity right away because of our old cat Monster who was neutered late and very aggressive towards other cats.

Pop a hole in the side of a cardboard box, then add all the bedding and close the top to capture their body heat too. My cat loves a box, but funnily not the proper igloo cat bed 🤷🏻‍♀️
I had a snugglesafe heat pad when I had my dog, he really appreciated that.
That's a grand idea. I had a large box containing Fosters lager (I get it shipped up lol) so that will do nicely. See what he thinks of that!

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com