Walking up the ramp is not a problem...but...

H

heartofrainbow

Just tried loading my Welshie (as we are supposed to be going to our first show tmoro) and we have hit a slight problem!

Walking up the ramp is fine, when we're on the box we get bolsy and want to run out the front, I did have the front open at the time

I am just slightly worried that she may panic, when it is not open and then we might have a problem!

With haynet etc in place do you think she will settle?

Im having a pre-show stress!

When did you know you were going to this show?
Surely it might have been more sensible to have been practising loading weeks ago?
If she is getting het up once in then she is probably scared, and a haynet is not likely to solve the problem, only practise will make her confident.

This is not what you wanted to hear but I'd have done lots of practise first.

All I can suggest is using a calmer.

I would love to be able to practice, but a) don't own a box; b) none of my friends own a box I could borrow and c) it costs £35+ to hire one and thats a luxury I cannot afford!

Maybe I worded my question wrong!?

If we manage to load, and then set off without her having a panic/stress do you guys think she will relax about being on the box?

A board mimics a ramp.
A spread jump with rugs over the poles mimics the "partition space"...... etc...

Its not about the box! Its about her trust/confidence in you.....

If we manage to load, and then set off without her having a panic/stress do you guys think she will relax about being on the box?

Time will tell. Depends how stressed she is about it all. Does she get wound up at other things and then settle quickly?

She doesn't generally get worked up about alot tbh! She is quite laid back!

I think tonight may have been a combination of excitment and being away from the others!

We shall see tmoro

newrider.com