Voltans 1st Show *pics*

Nookster

Oct 21, 2002
Voltans first show today. I was in such a panic to how he would react. With all his moving around he has become attached to the other horses etc and see the trailer as going somewhere new. I’ve only had him 5 /6 weeks and moved yards already. I think he adores where he is now he doesn’t want to risk leaving. He loves living out and loves all the horses on the yard its sweet actually.

Casper came up to keep him company. Someone remind me to try plaiting and washing before the day! He was a fidget bless him! With only one pair of hands he was hard to wash and was caked and I mean caked in mud !!!!! At one point I couldn’t be bothered haha

We went to load and he would go up the ramp and just stop haha. So we had a chat and about not moving home and coming back but we had to go to a show down the road. He went on. Travelled like a dream! No movement even going through the rough show field!

Arrived and again stood like a dream while I went and got my number etc. Didn’t try to bridle him outside as he was taking everything in. Tents, kids, dogs, prams, bouncy castle, sheep etc. His eyes where on everything. I still expected him to bolt. Nope walked off the trailer like a good boy and plodded around with me. With the winds today the tents where going like mad but again never phased him I was so proud!

I had him entered for two classes but they clashed so could only do one. So we did the in hand coloured class. Again he was a gem and walked round trotted but then we had our individual bit. Was good but refused to trot back to the judge. No joking! Wouldn’t budge. Judge allowed us to try again and nope nothing! Haha I couldn’t complain as I would rather that than hanging on to a rearing 5 year old which he has been doing coming from the field at home on occasion.

So we were placed at the end which I couldn’t in no way disagree with as he didn’t trot! Haha. He got a 6th rosette. Just so pleased with his attitude at shows though and now don’t feel as stressed to take him out again. I was really worrying before today!

Heres some pics!

Starting plaits
Dscf0606.jpg

Ready to go
Dscf0348.jpg

With Daddy ready to go load
Dscf0611.jpg

Arrived and unloaded
Dscf0613.jpg

Me getting ready and Ade kissing Voltan
Dscf0352.jpg

Before class
Dscf0615.jpg

Dscf0623.jpg

Walking around
Dscf0619.jpg

]

Last edited:
Waiting to be called out
Dscf0628.jpg

Standing for the judge
Dscf0627.jpg

Dscf0357.jpg

TROT donkey Trot! hmmm nooo mum
Dscf0630.jpg

Mmmm Hay
Dscf0636.jpg

Ready to go home with curly hair !
Dscf0635.jpg

My dad praising him – My dad loves him ( never met him before but are up for the weekend on hols at our house)
Dscf0639.jpg

Last edited:
well done both of you, brilliant pictures.

Bless his cotton socks not wanting to trot.

I bet you are glad you got a horse with white bits now! lol lol

I bet you are glad you got a horse with white bits now! lol lol

I never want to wash him ever again - its too much hard work and they never seem to look white no matter how many times you shampoo him:)

Last edited:
Ooh look how well he scrubs up lol. He is absolutely gorgeous with his main all plaited (gorgeous anyway, but you know what I mean :p) Love the curly hair as well. (You'll need to let me know what shampoo you use lol)

Looks as if it went really well for you both. Big Congrats from Tyler and I.

Jenny and Tyler
x

He looks great all tarted up and glad he was calm about it all. I bet he would have been placed much higher if he'd trotted!

WOW WOW WOW!!!!

What a handsome boy!!!! I wish I had been there chikky I really do!!! Instead I was cursing that I was serving tea to pain in the ass customers!!!!

When are you all coming to visit Kia??? He wants to be as popular as Voltan is lol!!!

What show are you doing next and when are they???

Nikki xxxx

Thanks everyone - Actually after all my worry and upset i did enjoy myself and i think voltan liked it too thankfully!

Nik - next one i know of is drum this weekend but not going. One after is ravelrig RDA at the polo fields on the A71. Then Fizz's on the 26th then Ormiston in september :)

I'll come to kia whenever i'm allowed and kia is more popular at least hes a good boy :)

He looks fantastic - well done. Practise the trot up at home & I'm sure it will all come together!

Try Redrum white horse shampoo - does a fabby job on the white bits! I have just bought a box load from www.ukequine.co.uk - loads of stuff on there at really cheap prices.

Well I'm off next sat if your wanting to come across!!!

I will see Marsden if she wants to accompany you lol!!!

Nikki xxxx

Well done to both of you (and OH!! :p )

You've done your "first" one together now so I'm sure that subsequent shows won't make you feel quite so panicked.....

Onwards and upwards m'girl..... :)

newrider.com