Video of our 1st 2007 coloured foal born

Rollestone

Coloured Nut!
Mar 7, 2006
Devon, UK
rollestone-farm.com
2 days ago our first 2007 baby was born, a BIG coloured colt out of Cass our coloured Polish WB by a coloured hunter type stallion (bought in foal so not my daddy choice)

He is not the prettiest nor the brightest, haven taken far too long for my liking to be up and at the milk bar, earning himself the nickname of Rodney, as in "you plonker Rodney!"

the video of his birth can be found here http://www.rollestone-farm.com/2007VIDEOS.html

And some first piccies here http://www.rollestone-farm.com/GALLERY2007.htm

I Loved, Loved, Loved your vid's, and what a wonderful and very capable handler you have there. You myst be chuffed. Though I wanted to see a vid of baby getting to his feet. So can you go immediately and do that for me. :D

I Loved, Loved, Loved your vid's, and what a wonderful and very capable handler you have there. You myst be chuffed. Though I wanted to see a vid of baby getting to his feet. So can you go immediately and do that for me. :D

LoL well that was the plan - but the little so and so decided to wait nearly 4 hours before I could actually haul him to his feet - lazy sod! By that time the camera battery had run out!!

That was very beautiful...

made me larf when the mother ( 24 seconds into the Rollestone Contradiction's 1st Few Moments, Video) had just given birth and she turned round to look at the foal and the way she did that was as if she was thinking, Were the hell did that just come from?!?

:D

LOL

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new arrival!

What a wonderful thing to capture on video..... :D :D

yes thank you for that it really is amazing and congratulations! and do keep us updated with pics of course!

Last edited by a moderator:
No wonder it took him a while to sort his legs out looking at the size of them! :D Well done Cascade! Not surprised she was looking so fed up!

And congrats to you too. :D

Ahhhh! He is cute! :)

lol Rodney, is that going to stick with him forever???

I just realised you are just down the road from me, I didn't know there was a livery yard there!

:eek: that is just the most amazing thing (besides me giving birth myself....oh yes i forgot about the pain.....erm) the most amazing thing i ever watched!!! lol!!!! wow :D thanku so so much for sharing it with us all!!! :D only thing is ....whats up with the name rodney?!!! ll ok it is rather a silly name but my first horsey was called rodney and he was great!! (he was sadly p.t.s so R.I.P Rodney sweetie xxxx) oh i didnt name him by the way lol!!!
so how big is your gorgeous mare? and how big is his sire, only ask as he has VERY long legs doesnt he lol!!

I loved the video, animals are amazing aren't they that mare coped so well and with no pain relief! Can you imagine those long legs inside ya :eek: lovely little foal you have.

I loved the video, animals are amazing aren't they that mare coped so well and with no pain relief! Can you imagine those long legs inside ya :eek: lovely little foal you have.

yes i was thinking that :D must be absolutly horrid immense pain :eek: they are very brave and amazing!!! we want pain relief the minute we have our first contraction so i cant even imagine how painful their births must be :rolleyes:

newrider.com