vid from my FreeRein ride last year

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
New Zealand
At the start of last October I did a 2-day trail ride with FreeRein in Wales with my internet buddy Helen (we have known each other online for yonks but this was the first time we met) - I posted a thread on here with pics and report but have finally got round to making a video of our ride! Better late than never :wink:

Hope you enjoy! Our ponies Obi and Poppy were impeccable, the weather was top notch and we had a fantastic time.

http://youtu.be/qwsNVUyCPmU

Laura2184 - that's the Llanstephan Suspension Bridge, people still drive cars over it :unsure: There was a broken plank at the far end leaving a hole, I could look down to the river, thankfully enough room to pass it without the ponies putting a foot through!

Omg that looked amazing! I'm so jealous! Wonder if they can take xander & train him to do this as this is exactly the kind if thing I would love us to do - but he's too chicken & I'm too chicken to be brave enough for both of us!!! :D

How would you physically fit a car on that bridge?!

It's wider than it looks in the video, but yeah, only just wide enough for a standard car! Just after we'd crossed it a sports car came over.

Christ. Is it actually useful ie no proper road / bridge or is there another route & they drive that just for kicks?!! :D

Eta I thought you lived abroad?! Was this a flying visit? Were you Portugal now France?

Christ. Is it actually useful ie no proper road / bridge or is there another route & they drive that just for kicks?!! :D

Yes there's alternatives! It basically comes off an A-road and gives access to a teeny tiny hamlet or two.
http://www.llancamclub.co.uk/cmsms/index.php?page=how-to-find-us

Eta I thought you lived abroad?! Was this a flying visit? Were you Portugal now France?

LOL - yes - bit confusing as I am a bit of a globetrotter :giggle: I worked in Italy for 2 years, then Portugal for 18 months, then moved to my current job in France at the start of 2011. I took my autumn holiday time in the UK and did my trail ride as part of that :)

Wow, that looks like so much fun! What beautiful scenery and fabulous horses. Am awestruck at your ability to smoothly film whilst cantering along. Thought you were using a headcam until I heard you say about one hand on the reins.

Wow, that looks like so much fun! What beautiful scenery and fabulous horses. Am awestruck at your ability to smoothly film whilst cantering along. Thought you were using a headcam until I heard you say about one hand on the reins.

My canter videos have gradually got better with time, my original ones used to make me feel sick :giggle:

newrider.com