Very disappointed with Aldi....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
Just ONE pair of breeches in next week's equestrian compaign (see Special Buys on they webby). And these are pull-on riding-tights style, black with a hi-viz stripe down each leg. They look like running leggings to me and I don't do pull-ons. No standard joddies this time. Lots of woolly hats, scarves, socks etc. Couple of tops and that's it. What a waste of anticipated excitement this time, especially as they skipped the summer campaign this year.

I'm not impressed this time I'm afraid.

That is disappointing, I'm desperate for new jods but pull ons are useless, guess I'll be going elsewhere as I can't wait until spring for new ones.

Well I've ordered a pair to try. I often wonder whether I could ride in my PIlates tights because they're so comfortable, but I don't think they're substantial enough. Hoping the Aldi tights are a compromise between jods and exercise tights. Can try anyway - and free postage too! I'm tempted by a fleece, but not sure if they're long enough (I hate ones that give you a cold midriff if you lift your arms) so will wait to see those in the flesh.

I definitely won't pre-order but I will go and look in the shop. I like they idea of Kerrits (etc) but I'm hardly sylph-like and wondered if they would really accentuated my lumps and bumps.

I do ride in cycling tights in summer, they have held up fine and are lots cooler. I really need proper jods at the mo tho.

I’ve seen the Aldi ones, they are nicer in the flesh but I didn’t realise the range was so limited!
@domane Kerrits are gorgeous BUT they show everything, not just lumps and bumps, you may as well be naked everything I mean :eek:
:eek::eek:

Reactions: Trewsers
I’ve seen the Aldi ones, they are nicer in the flesh but I didn’t realise the range Kerrits are gorgeous BUT they show everything, not just lumps and bumps, you may as well be naked everything I mean :eek:
:eek::eek:

Oops! I'm not liking the sound of that :eek:

I buy jeggings or jeans from primark to ride in :)

Cheap and they last :)

I've got some Primark jeggings but find that they pull down which annoys me intensely! I think it's because my calves and knees are too wide as I have the same issue with any type of trouser that's tight for me around the lower leg.

Reactions: MrC
I've got some Primark jeggings but find that they pull down which annoys me intensely! I think it's because my calves and knees are too wide as I have the same issue with any type of trouser that's tight for me around the lower leg.

See I have booty and quite muscly legs so they stay put for me, the jeans more so but the jeggings are great for the summer months and are quite hard wearing for £6 a pair

Reactions: Bodshi
Yes, I'm with Bodshi.... small waist but I have wide hips and big thighs, which taper down to my ankle, so anything elasticated, that isn't securely fastened above my hip bones, gradually "walks" south!!! :p

I could never wear pull on jodhs. I tried leggings one or jeggings argh! They slithered down! But I have a pot belly so no way could I not wear anything other than traditional jodhs. Belly warmers! Hahaaa

They pull down on me as well and I have skinny legs. I think maybe my body is too long for them!

Yeah I'm with @MrC, I buy leggings from matalan, and they are made to look like jeans fabric with two back pockets so extra coverage where my knickers might have been on show if too see through!! Cheaper and a nicer thinner contact with the saddle, and in winter I just stick a pair of baselager tights on underneath, toastie! Hate jods nowadays. Can't remember last time I wore a pair

Reactions: MrC
I figured I would go look in the flesh, thinking maybe something would take my fancy, shame I went last night :oops:flipping muppet :D

newrider.com