Vented Hats

N_J

Feb 9, 2011
Was going to type helmets but decided against it :wub:

I had a lesson yesterday evening and it was fab. The only thing was afterwards when I took my hat off, my hair was stuck to my head and the inside of my hat was soaking.

So just after your opinions, are vented hats better or do they not really make a difference?

I might buy one if it'll be worth it but don't want to waste my money on something I don't really need (but would just like).

Thanks

Mr T has a vented hat as well as a normal Charles Owen one, but I honestlydon't think it makes much difference (he used to have hectic jumping lessons and get very hot!lol).

I have a Gatehouse Air Rider and the Gatehouse HS-1 skull. No comparison on a hot day, and in fact the Air Rider is so nice and cool I wear it all the time more or less.

I have the hottest head! I have a Champion Ventair and a Charles Owen Ayr8 - TBH neither of them make any difference!

I once had a Troxel something or other - very vented but blimey, was it uncomfortable! I gave away it to a friend.

Would love to find a hat that really helped you stay even a teeny bit cooler.

Thanks guys. Think i might just wait until i really need a new one and then look at the vented ones.

i've got a champion 'universal' and LOVE it! it's as light as a bicycle hat! sadly its discontinued, but ive managed to buy a brand new spare one which I keep in case current one breaks or falls!

makes a BIG difference to those awful sweaty skullcaps!

I always had lightweight vented hats in Italy & Portugal and they most definitely did make a difference! Got a sweaty head regardless in those temperatures but if I ever had to lend my hat to a client & wear a normal one, boy did I notice how much hotter it was!

Notpoodle, I've seem some that look like bicycle hats but the look just puts me off, not sure why. I worry that there not strong enough. I know they have to be tested and passed specifc saftely regulations but I think the shiny ones just look to plasticy (if you know what I mean).

Gill, the Zilco Oscar looks nice a hat.

I think I'll have a look round whilst I save up for a bit. I had to buy my daughter a new body protector at weekend so don't really have the funds for one at the moment.

knowing my luck, as soon as I buy one the weather will go c**p again.

newrider.com