Update on Holly ' Je Suis Un Tarte' Brown...

SavingGrace

Jun 27, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow...
Ok so its been a wee while since I last updated you on the trials and tribulations of my little mare Holly and how things are going :)

Well if you remember that little rhyme about the little girl and the curl? Well that just about sums up Holly just now :rolleyes: but its more along the lines of;

There was a little mare who had a little whorl right in the middle of her forehead
When she was good she was very very good and when she was she was horrid!

I DO still love her and she still hasn't scared me or knocked my confidence when she is naught I am just all the more determined to make her do what I am asking of her which is the only thing that is scaring me :eek:

So onto what 'Little Miss Naughty' has been up to... Well she is in season just now so the boys in the lower turnout field are very very tempting and she likes nothing more than doing her best prize tart impression as she flaunts past them... Then we have the 'I cannot possible go down that path mother as the boys will no longer see me' stropping! Which is somewhat frustating but I just sit quiet tell her everything is ok and they will still be there when we get back and follow it up with a squeeze which is followed by a few hefty boots and a smacked bottom if required and we are off! She has another path she doesn't like much either as its a T Junction and the left turn is a quicker route home (she certainly isn't stupid) here we had major problems today with her reversing towards the river which was bloody scary :eek: but I was pretty determined I was NOT going to give in to the shrew in the end I hopped off and lead her down the path to the first jump I could stand on to hop back on and off we went and I found some other little paths to go along where I knew she would give me the same issue (she is pretty predictable) and we worked through the naughtiness with just a strong leg aid...

So she is getting there... Her school work is coming fantastic and we have started working in the big outdoor school and doing some canter work aswell in there... I still absolutely adore her... And I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring :) And she can do absolutely no wrong in my eyes the sun shines brightly out her humongous behind :eek:

Oh and one more thing some of you will remember the issue we were having with the leg eating velcro boots well i got them on her for the first time yesterday and then got them on today with no issues :D

he he sounds like she's hit her 'teenage' phase, bless her. there's a mare across the road from our boys who is a bit like that just now, running aup and down neighing with her tail in the air....tbh honest tho i think beau's quite terrified of her!
sounds like your coming on well with her, keep us all updated, i must get to edinburgh soon!;)

Make me realise just how much I take Joy for granted. The only mare on a yard with 6 geldings.

I bet Holly looks a real picture though when she's showing off for the boys :D

newrider.com