Unexpected Dismount On Hack..Again...

Vicki100

Jun 12, 2009
West Mids
Warning This is Long!!

Was a lovley day today nice & sunny so thought lets go for a hack as Mr Finnley hasnt been ridden in a while...

I aslo thought id be 'brave' and go in the field which im a bit nervous of as ive fallen off there before :p

So firstly we went for a ride in the farmers fields, which was great had a walk,trot and a little canter meet some dog walkers...then down the woods into the 'scary' field...
Did a nice loop off the field in trot, on the second loop he fancied a canter so i thought ill let him why not..

then he did a wierd side to side motion...think he must of been unbalanced or confused? :confused: really not sure as i struggled to get my balance back, he put the brakes on and i went over into a nice puddle...grrr...

He looked at me and then did a runner back to the stable..i followed him quite miffed and with a soggy bottom...:eek:

I thought enough is enough...got back on him went back through the woods and went up&down the scary field in trot then back home :)

Feel quite proud of myself in a way...but then dispointed at the same time, im falling off to much for my liking recently :p oh well least it doesnt hurt, thanks to the body protector :rolleyes:

Im glad it wasnt a spook though, least were making progress there...

Pointless thread really....Hope i didnt bore you all :)

but heres A Couple of Pic of the little bugger himself...

DSC02638.jpg

DSC02658.jpg

DSC02671.jpg

I think you were very brave going back again after and you should definitely be proud of yourself! Reassuring to hear other people's mini traumas work out ok and glad you and the cheeky Findlay weren't hurt.

Thank you :)

Flipos Mum - When I fell of it reminded me of your diaries and how you've had a few falls...i thought must soilder on like Yourself!

Thank you :)

Flipos Mum - When I fell of it reminded me of your diaries and how you've had a few falls...i thought must soilder on like Yourself!

God I feel like a *itch. When I saw a thread that said 'unexpected dismount' I thought YEEEESSSS someone else that admits to falling off more than once!

Hope you're not feeling any pain - I've found its always a couple of days later that I notice the niggles.

Haha, to both flipos mum and vicki, ive managed to fall off silver while she was tied up, and stationary in the barn, so really no need to be ashmed of falling off something thats moving... Thats understandable and easy! :p also tumbled a few times whilst in mltion but nothing as embaressing as having the whole barn watching you ty on your new saddle and.... Splat!

Haha... Ok maybe more of a thud, but it felt like a splat lol... It was embaressing either way... Climbed on one side, overbalanced disappeared off the other... Very amusing :rolleyes:

That gorgeous chap never deposited you!!!! hehehehehe, glad you are ok. Sounds like you were very brave (I wouldn't have got back on!!!). He's lovely btw.

Thank you guys!

Fliposmum - Your stories inspire me hehe! must all be brave nervous neddies together haha

PFB - Splat haha my bottom went splat into the nasty boggy fields. Sure finnley was having a right laugh

Hi Vicki, been a bit naughty and been on the 'other' forum tut tut. *** this gorgeous pony threw you? ....never!! Well done for getting back on and doing the route again. Dont be too embarrassed I was always falling off Adella in the early days and have got the scars to prove it!! She used to jump sideways for no apparent reason and I'd be off. Once we were cantering along a long flat stretch and all of a sudden she put the brakes on and over the top I went. Since then I tend to canter up hill or very slowly on the flat even though she hasnt done that trick for a very very long time.

Good to hear :)

I duno what finn did really just trying to work it out, he has done it before couple of times. its like he gets really unbalanced or hasnt a clue where hes going. Guess hes only young and his steering & canter work arent at there best :)

newrider.com