Treeless VS trees!

ChloeAnWomble

Chloe and Merlin
Feb 3, 2016
Aberystwyth
I have an old boy(21 years young) who's had problems with his back in his old home and he's just starting to come right, he's on loan part, and she wants to try a treeless saddle- his problems from his back all came from an ill fitting saddle so now he's getting used to a saddle that fits and has a tree, I don't think it's good for him to change into a treeless, like she wants to?! Ideas or suggestions anyone?

Who actually owns him? You and he is on part loan to them?
If his current saddle fits why change it? There is no verses its about what fits and what the horse goes well in. Treed or not.

Who actually owns him? You and he is on part loan to them?
If his current saddle fits why change it? There is no verses its about what fits and what the horse goes well in. Treed or not.
Yeah I own him and he's on part loan to someone else his current saddle fits well and has just been checked and he goes well in it

Ditto. This is your horse so you call the shots.

Treeless can actually do more harm than good if the RIDER isn't balanced.

However, is the horse on your property, I hope? If the person is insistent about treeless and has the horse on their property, there is nothing stopping them from using it anyway.

Reactions: Wally
Some horses HATE treeless saddles and will demonstrate their dislike instantly. As mentioned you do need a degree of ability to use some treeless saddles, and quite frankly I don;t see the point in them, a good treed, well fitting saddle is more desitable

As above he's your horse, so it's totally up to you, the part loan has to go along with you not the other way round. I have head of treeless saddles causing more harm than good although I don't know that much about them, if the saddle he's got now fits and the horse is happy why think about changing?

newrider.com