Trec training :)

Cremola Foam

Jan 11, 2005
Scotland
my very kind friend took Pedro and I to a trec training session that a club she is a member of had put on. It was an hours drive away and Pedro traveled very well in her wee box. (He's never been in it before and hasn't been traveled in a couple months)

The session was great! We have done trec before but not in about a year so was good to get a training session in before we start a winter series in December. I know the instructor well and she commented on how Pedro has really come on since she last saw him in action :) we even managed to canter all the way round the school when doing our control of paces :) (and were a second off scoring on our walk but he was just on the edge of jogging the whole time after his fantastic canter so had to keep him together! Lol!)

We even did the jump!! ....... On foot! Lol!

All in all a very successful day :)

Low hanging branches

image.jpg image.jpg

Walk COP

image.jpg

Neck reining. He wasn't too keen on this and got a bit confused, giving me rein back and then piaffe! image.jpg

Laughing after pony did piaffe and then started rein back!

image.jpg

In my friends wee lorry, feeling very at home!
image.jpg

I'm very envious, I would love to give trec a try but alas I don't have transport, it looks like you had fun and he does look very at home in the lorry.

Sounds great and something which I might try soon. I am doing my first horse agility class at the end of November which I'm looking forward to. Not really sure what to expect but it's good to do something different.

I love trec :) discovered it with B , who was a total super star at it, we always came in the top three in comps :) Pedro is a worrier though but it's so good for getting their brains thinking and for building your partnership with them.

I am very lucky that I have a few good friends with transport who will take me places, and the old YO is still doing transport too and isn't too expensive. I had forgotten how much I love taking Peds out and about!

Reactions: Jessey
So envious, I'd love to take bex to something like that, but she would just be so strung out,and want to gallop all over. I'm going to take her to the local shows nxt year not to enter just to see how she behaves. [emoji4]

We don't travel much but have done a couple of Trec training events, in hand and ridden, and I love it. I'll definitely enter if there is an event locally.

Pedro is gorgeous, such a solid little spotty chap! He looks as if his spots are multicoloured. How big is he? You look great together!

Thanks Jane :) he's about 14hh and yes, his spots are multicoloured! Some are black, some are brown and he has some chestnut marbling thrown in for good measure! Lol!

Trec is so much fun. I've entered in for the second indoor trec of the RS TOR affiliated competition series weekend after next. I was out doing indoor trec on Saturday - I should do an update. Those on my FB will already know how I did, and seen the pics mind.

I love Trec, planning to do it this month.
Walking or cantering under branches is preferred, don't trot. Mydelf and team mate got 0 for trotting. Either that or we did another boo boo.

yeah, your more likely to hit the branches if you trot as trot is a bouncy gait. Walk and a fast canter they can flatten.

our first comp (this year!) is two days after Xmas!

I trot under, I'm aware that there's the bounce risk, however if anyone on here has ever met Gem, you'd understand why I trot and don't canter it - if I remember, tonight I will find a canter video!

I've only ever walked under. Hope one day to canter but P is very inconsistant in his canter still so not time to try yet! (i trotted it with B as he was so good at trec he's squish down so we would fit!)

Well, every time I ask Ziggy to walk under the low branches he canters anyway!

He doesn't do this when we're out, but the wings of the obstacle remind him of show jumps.

Mine would think its a jump and look for something to hop, so walking is more safe for us.
I want to make a branch as only ridden through the HA hoop with her.

bouncy canter, yes she's just as bouncy when not jumping, and trec is all too exciting so gets bouncier and quick. Will point out this video was just before we found her first abscess so probably wasn't feeling her usual self, hence being slow and a bit meh. Were usually quicker and sharper.

She is lovely Ponylover88. She flew the third last jump! Wheeeeee! I hope one day I get my jumping confidence back enough to jump a round that height (and that well!)

Thanks, this is the bigger of the 2 courses from that day, she's more inconsistent in this video, but it was her 5th class of the day (all SJ!)

newrider.com