TREC training day - Arnie and Jackson go out to play

Skippys Mum

Nov 25, 2007
Scotland
The BHS had organised a training day at a local country park and we all had a great time. It was 20 degrees and not a cloud in the sky today - perfect day to play at Trec and get sunburned:D

I have blagged this thread from another forum because Kusha, who took the pictures, isnt on here now:(. There was me with Arnie and Capalldubh with Jackson. I was too pleased with the photos not to put them here! She knows I have been stealing her photos though:D

I promise this was only fairy liquid and not domestos ........... definitely persil white:D (he no longer looks like this!)
IMG_0879.jpg

Off Arnie and Jackson go for the orienteering part of the day - a nice easy 1 1/2 hour hack through the park
IMG_0892.jpg

2 1/2 hours later they return having taken the alternative not so easy route!!! All smiles anyway and not a care in the world.
IMG_0901.jpg

Arnie get to grips with the narrow corridor
IMG_0909.jpg

Then picks up the pace a bit!
IMG_0915.jpg

Jackson doing narrow corridor
IMG_0914.jpg

Arnie shows a perfect 10/10 on the S bend
IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

And continuing with the bending theme
IMG_0927.jpg

Jackson loving the water cooling his toes (it's all about using your imagination)
IMG_0931.jpg

Low branches - piece of cake
IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

Arnie doing a rather nice controlled canter - it was about this point that things started going ever so slightly pear shaped - he got very enthusiastic. So much for slow canter!!
IMG_0955.jpg

-Immobility - no problem if there is delicious green grass - in fact not many of the horses were that bothered aobut where their owners went today at the immobility - all heads down and munch:D
IMG_0969.jpg

The maypole - tape tied to a post in the middle while you hook it off a pole at the edge of a circle of cones then make you way round the whole circle (bit like being on the lunge) the hook it back on the pole at the end
IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

Finally - Jackson showing how well his jumping is progressing.
IMG_0991.jpg

You will see lots of smiles in these photos - and it just about sums up how much fun the day really was. We had a whale of a time - even though I am all burnt and totally knackered!

It was actually very informal Joyscarer - there was no pressure and the people were very very friendly (although they were a bit worried about us as we took so long with the orienteering:eek: - we finally stopped worrying about the map and just enjoyed the hack:D))

tiga - one night back in the field and Arnie is back to minging mode:(

Looking absolutely great, all of you ! :D
I do think that Arnie is so clean (and the white bits sparkling white) that his halter looks almost pale pink (!)

Brill photos! looks like a fab time! :D

Must say i would be petrified doing the maypole!! :rolleyes: and the branches! doesnt look likes theres much room at all!

Wow, looks like you had a great time there. I've been meaning to go to one for ages but always miss them. Thanks for motivating me to book onto a trec day :)

Looks like brilliant fun and well done on some good scores - S bend, under brances etc all look v professional.

I'd really like to do TREC, but there's not much around our area :mad:

Lovely pics :)

Its great fun isn't it? Excellent pics. (Thanks for the Maypole one OH is building one for next week.)
I have been learning to judge and that's great fun too. We have the Scottish Championships up with us next weekend, I hope it's not tooo hot!!
I agree everyone is friendly and less ******!!

Yes thank you. Went teaching for 2 weeks in Jan and ended up more or less full time for 4 1/2 months.
Between that and the lovly balmy winter :eek:way behind with jobs at home so not much time for computer.
Internet was out after a lightning strike, fried all wires in house, our pole and the exchange. Came out of wall and hit OH!!:mad: Still he saved fax and computer:)
Horses are fine thanks and I now have my new saddle.
Tulipe did have a couple of abcesses, but she's sound and seems to be willing to work.:)
Hoping to be confident enough to try a Trec training before the end of the year.

newrider.com