Total Contact Saddle?

I personally don't like the look of them, but I know someone who has one, she has only just got it though, so don't know how she rates it yet:)

Vile, hideous things! Wouldn't put them anywhere near a horse and certainly wouldn't try and use one as a saddle!

Saw these demo'd at the Natural Horse Gathering last year and the poor horse used in the demo got hollower and hollower and eventually was so strung out and unhappy that he looked lame! The poor rider couldn't balance in it which didn't help - basically no support for the rider and tons of pressure for the horse. Wouldn't have one if I was paid to take it...

It's simply a strap of leather with rings attached for stirrups that you girth to the horse and ride with...icky, horrid thing...

Aaaah thanks for that, I was confused by the lack of stirrups in the pic. So a roller with stirrups basically. No attempt at pressure distribution. I can see why you're not impressed!

These 'things' are no more saddles than I'm a bar of soap ...

The makers/importers/distributors/whoever are lucky they've not been pulled up under the Trades Description Act - they are no more than snake-oil salesmen!

if anyone does know anyone with one perhaps they could do a review for my site, i'm trying to include most treeless saddle within reason. (no angel maybe once person has tried it they can tell you what they think?)

i'd like to test this saddle with the port lewis pad, it's not actually a saddle it's a roller with stirrups like robinsons did.
I've got a xcashel soft saddle and some people don't see that as a saddle but a hybrid between the pad and saddle, it's got knee and thigh rolls in it so i'd er more towards saddle that i can with this close contact model.

newrider.com