Took Jack pony out for a hack today *pics*

devonlass

May 20, 2006
devon
So as weather was dry at least (has either been freezing or wet in 'sunny' Devon lately:rolleyes:),decided to take grumpy pony out for a ride.He's hairy,fat and muddy but needs the exercise so I braved embarrassment at the state of him and went out!!

I even dragged OH along to take pics for you lot,see how good I am to you all:p

He was fabby as ever whilst out,I know we're not the best of friends,but I really do have the most bombproof pony to take out on the roads etc.Had everything today from motorbikes to out of control radio controlled
cars:eek: (yes radio controlled cars on the road!!)and he didn't bat an eye at any of it:D
Did mainly walk with just a little bit of trot as he's so unfit bless him,but figure slow and steady is best to get him fit anyway,and was a fair bit of hill work so that should help,although am not sure he would agree lol.

Please excuse the scruffiness of him,I did *try* and spruce him up a bit,but is fighting a losing battle with him out 24/7 and the mud and wet etc.
Luckily being such a dull day meant it was dark enough not to show up his most offending dirty bits in the pics lol
Just ignore me in them please,I always seem to look slightly gormless in riding pics,and OH always seems to catch me just at the moment I'm doing something odd or making a funny face!!

Before we set off after my attemp to make him presentable,didn't work very well,scruffy ponio!!

Jackfeb10003.jpg

Off we go through the housing estate,quite a busy road and double decker bus route,does he care?? Does he hell lol
Jackfeb10006.jpg

Stopping for a pose on the private driveway of the posh housing development,although he minded was eyeing up the grass next to us lol
Jackfeb10009.jpg

Wending our way home back through the village,got rather dark all of a sudden even though was only around 4pm,sorry for the glare on my high viz,hope it doesn't dazzle anyone!!
Jackfeb10014.jpg

Jackfeb10015.jpg

Hope you enjoy pics of the equine Victor Meldrew,and thanx for looking:)

ahh he looks lovely!! Trust me he looks clean compared to my mud beast!

Thank you:)

Trust me,the bad light is hiding a multitude of muddy bits lol.I did try and brush him out best I could,but it's just clumping all over him being out all the time.His tail looks kind of grey/brown up close it's so muddy,I just gave up with brushing that out,was a thankless task:rolleyes:

I even had to wash his legs before we set off,couldn't tell what colour they were was so much mud!! Would have been ashamed to be seen with him if I'd left them:eek:

He's lovely :) know what you mean about the tail, I keep looking at Harvey's thinking oh god I need to have a go at that, then I get a comb and realise just how much hair and scumf (scurf + scum + bumf) there is there and decide to leave it for another day :eek:

He's lovely :) know what you mean about the tail, I keep looking at Harvey's thinking oh god I need to have a go at that, then I get a comb and realise just how much hair and scumf (scurf + scum + bumf) there is there and decide to leave it for another day :eek:

Oh I know,it's disgusting isn't it,yuk!! Dried on poop,mud,and dread to think what else,it was horrible!!
He has such a thick tail as well,you think you've got the worst of it out,then you lift it up and out and realise there's still loads more to tackle underneath:rolleyes:

Think I will just go down with a bucket of water and dunk his tail in it,easiest way and the least disgusting lol

He is gorgeous! He must be a stunner to be able to carry off the bit of weight and all that mud and STILL look gorgeous! He sounds like my kind of pony, i do love a steady eddie!

Chunky chap. Is he a Fell? I had two Fell mares who looked slightly lighter boned. Love the hairy winter coat.:)

Thanks for the nice comments everyone I will pass them on to the grumpy, tubby man himself in a min:p

He is gorgeous! He must be a stunner to be able to carry off the bit of weight and all that mud and STILL look gorgeous! He sounds like my kind of pony, i do love a steady eddie!

Up close he doesn't look quite so stunning at the mo,more round and muddy lol.
He is a very steady Eddie out and about,really wouldn't worry about riding him anywhere traffic wise etc.He's not a plod though,well he is at the moment as the flab has made him lazy lol,but generally he's still foreward going enough to be fun:D

Oh he's lovely, i want him, can you post him please! :D

I think the postman might complain at carrying his fat great weight around in his postbag,maybe when he's slimmed down a bit;):p (the pony that is not the postman lol)

Chunky chap. Is he a Fell? I had two Fell mares who looked slightly lighter boned. Love the hairy winter coat.:)

He is indeed a fell,and yes a very chunky one,needs to be to carry my not so slim bottom around lol

What a lovely boy. I hope that Frayne is that bombproof one day. She is fab if I am leading her, but ridden is less confident. She is now at a livery yard with busy roads and villages close by, so going to get out and about and get her used to stuff.

Ali xx

He really is bombproof in that respect.He actually takes so little notice of traffic,noises etc that I would wonder if he was deaf,if it weren't for the fact that he can hear the rustle of a bag or rattle of a feed bucket from about a mile away lol:rolleyes:
He was broken to drive at the age of 3 on a dual carriageway:eek:,which although sounds mad to me,probably helped with 'traffic proofing'!!
He's generally laid back anyway which helps,in fact if he was anymore 'unflappable' I think he'd be in a coma:p

If it makes you feel any better,my punishment is that my other horse is completey neurotic and flighty,and is scared of his own shadow let alone anything on the road lol

He's gorgeous! Can you post him up to Lancashire when you don't want him anymore?! (Then he can tell my mare his secret to being so good at hacking!!!!!!!!)

Awww lovley photos! :p thanks for sharing, he is very cutee :)

How about u send him to me and he can teach my boy on how to be bomb proof!! ;)

Thanks for all the nice comments folks,I did tell him earlier what all the nice people said about him,but as there was hay on offer he wasn't interested enough to tear himself away to listen I'm afraid;):p

Perhaps the secret to being bombproof is just that he's so obsessed with food,nothing else registers much lol

he's very cute! don't believe he's at all grumpy ;) lovely pics

Appearances can be deceptive;) Don't be fooled hun,there's nothing very cute about that tub of lard lol:D:p

There must be a link between grumpy and bombproof our grumpy mare will ignore most things like buses, dustcarts, motor bikes and me:rolleyes:

newrider.com