Today's Dressage :D

RachelEvent

Apr 12, 2004
London
Visit site
Today's Dressage :D (Now Inc. Vid)

Trucked down to Hartpury for another affiliated outing. First test was Novice 21, which we've done a lot of times before, but somehow doesn't suit us (we never get over 60 percent :eek: ) added to this, it turned out the judge is one who has never particularly appreciated Ferdie, I was fairly pleased with 61 percent and seventh place out of seventeen.

The second test was Elementary 41, which is the first elementary I have done. Ferdie's headshaking is generally kept under control, but as we were starting the centreline it seemed like he might start a headshaking fit... he didn't, but this had put me off my concentration and I forgot to halt, and then after correcting that, forgot to ride across the diagonal immediately :rolleyes: After that, the test went smoothly, although I wasn't thinking about it much as I was trying to complete the test without getting myself eliminated with a third error of course! I presumed I would be completely out of the running, but even with six marks deducted I had 61.6 percent! The judge was marking some people as low as fifty two percent, so we actually finished fifth! Without my errors of course, we would have had sixty-four perecent, and (I think) equal second :eek:

Still, very pleased with our first go at Elementary, I think there's not much need to stay at Novice any longer as Ferdie thrives on the harder movements.

Anyway, here are some photos:

417.jpg

4111.jpg

4115.jpg

219.jpg

2128.jpg

2118.jpg

Last edited:
well done! Thats a very decent result for your first attempt at elementary. Your horse looks to have a lovely big movement in those pics.

Nutkin, his movement is fairly big, but some of the warmbloods out just seem to float above the ground in comparison. However, Ferdie is very correct so he still manages to get reasonable marks for paces.

I was so pleased for our first elementary... although because I've got points at elementary now, we can't enter the restricted novice section any more. I said to mum, by the end of the season we're going to have a go at Medium ;) ;)

My sister took her little chestnut mare to the dressage that day - she goes to the university so no travelling!

Congratulations on your result, and for the record, how on earth do you get your horse so white? :eek:

newrider.com