To hog or not to hog...

lizness

Jan 3, 2004
Visit site
Hi,
As the title really.
She has a sticky up apaloosa mane, that always looks a bit of a mess!
Have tried to use paint (the computer programme) to see what it would look like any opinions?
Is hogging any worse than pulling short fly wise?
Cheers Mo

Attachments

• mohogged2.jpg
    mohogged2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Mo hogged.jpg
    Mo hogged.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Mo 098_edited.jpg
    Mo 098_edited.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 89
Thats a great way to experiment, shame you cant get that cosmo virtual make=over for horses! tee hee hee. I think if she's rubbing or uncomfortable, you should hog, to make her more comfy and easier to treat, but otherwise leave it, it'll flop when its long enough! :D

Oh and it depends if your wanting to do showing, and which kind of classes.

Hello,
She is an appaloosa x cob, which might explain that. She has a lovely thick tail too.
Any more ideas?
Wouldn't mind showing her in cob classes just for fun though. At 15.3 is she too big?

I kinda like sticky-up manes :eek: I would leave it tbh, and if you do hog definately take the whole lot off, i always think it looks odd when they have a forelock and no mane.....

She is thick enough in her body to look good hogged, I would do it, worse thing that can happen is you have to wait for it to grow back out. And with the appy in her that length is most likely all you well ever get.

well ... if you do it and you don't like it, at the end of the day it will always grow back :rolleyes:

hehe xx

good luck if you do it

i had the same problem with my horse toby and took the plunge last year and hoggwd him best thing i ever done

BLAIR_SHOW_2008_0831.jpg

BLAIR_SHOW_2008_0771.jpg

Last edited:
Think Big Mo is going to get the chop. She nearly got done last night but i couldn't find the clippers.
Thanks for the help.
Will update with pics.
and mo looking angry that i am going to steal her crazy mohikan

Attachments

• Mo 096.jpg
    Mo 096.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 7
newrider.com