Through the judges eye - Stephen Clarke Demo

MaisieMoo

Oct 19, 2007
I have the good fortune of going to a BD demo at SNEC last night to see Stephen Clarke one of the top dressage judges do a demo – he’s judged at the Olympic games and World cup finals and I think he’s the only British person judging at that level.

It was amazing – they had five horse/rider combinations from Novice right up to PSG. There were some really stunning horses – especially the first horse – Jo Barry’s new youngster who was just stunning. The horse competing at PSG was also amazing – it’s a Sec D x Arab x TB – not much to look at but moved beautifully.

I picked up some really useful tips and exercises to try out but the main theme behind it all was to focus on your basics – getting the horse responding promptly to your aids and encouraging them to stretch along the topline and carry themselves naturally!

Was a fab night – didn’t finish until about half 10 and then still had the 40 minute drive home so I’m shattered today! Mr C doesn’t know what he’s in for - there are so many things I want to try now!!

(Oh and I was so impressed with Jo Barry that I’m in the process of booking a lesson with her – how exciting!!)

I WAS THERE!!!!!

Never Saw you!! i was sitting at the ringside lol!! loved it especially the palomino Welsh X!!!

All were beautiful horses!! Real inspiration!!!

Nikki xxxx:D

I WAS THERE!!!!!

Never Saw you!! i was sitting at the ringside lol!! loved it especially the palomino Welsh X!!!

All were beautiful horses!! Real inspiration!!!

Never knew you were there!!

Laura and I were at the second block in the grandstand - my fave was Jo's horse - really stunning!

I was there with Nikki too. :D:D

Fab night, loved Jo's horse too.

It was such a great evening, very informative and just goes to show, that it all goes back to basics no matter what level you are at.

Agree made me feel a lot better about Kia as well and made me feel that we could achieve better than we are!!

Kia is gonna hate me as the schooling is starting in earnest now!! I hope his weight holds up lol!!!

Nikki xxxx;):D

Agree made me feel a lot better about Kia as well and made me feel that we could achieve better than we are!!

Kia is gonna hate me as the schooling is starting in earnest now!! I hope his weight holds up lol!!!

Nikki xxxx;):D

I've booked a flatwork lesson with Jo Barry for Monday to get us kick started - I was so impressed with her - do you know it was only that wee horses 5th time out!:eek:

I've booked a flatwork lesson with Jo Barry for Monday to get us kick started - I was so impressed with her - do you know it was only that wee horses 5th time out!:eek:

Know didnt know that hun!!!

Well done that horse it was lovley!!

Great about the lesson!!! You'll need to let me know how you get on!!! Piccies please lol!!

That demo was great!!!

Hey guys

that demo was great!!!!!!!!!! It gave me a lot of insights into working my horse at home.
Stephen clarke is great, i would love to get a demo/ lesson by him.

So many lovely horses at it but my favourite had to be corinna and riva. She is such a stunning horse, this is the third time i have ever seen riva and she looks great and those flying changes i would love to be sitting on riva when she does them. And her extended trot wow!!!!! Soz about going on a rant but i was just so in awe.
All the horses were great and i would love to go to another one and even be a guinea pig ( hopeful thinking:))
love it love it love it
jackie xxx:)

newrider.com