This what I saw today

MAC66

Jun 18, 2009
Kent
Hump back whales !

OH and I are in Cape Cod and today did a whale watch from Provincetown.
There were 36 whales fairly close to the boat, which were all identified, and another thirty or so further away plus lots of dolphins.

I have a lot of photos of empty sea but here are some bits of whales, heads, tails and backs.

Attachments

• IMG_0782.jpg
    IMG_0782.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0792.jpg
    IMG_0792.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0798.jpg
    IMG_0798.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0822.jpg
    IMG_0822.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 9
I be green with envy!

I had a holiday in California years ago, went to lovely Santa Barbara (much, much nicer than that awful soap-opera of the same name), and walked out on the pier to the notice-board telling us about all the whales we could expect to see during the year. Sadly, none would be seen during the month of November. And what month was I there? Exactly.

Very green with envy...

Gorgeous pics, by the way, Mac :)

Over the years this is the 4th time we have been to Cape Cod and the whale watch is always top of the list of things to do. We have never been disappointed although sometimes we see more whales than others. Yesterday there were a lot of dolphins as well. When the whales are feeding dolphins hover around picking up fish the whales miss. Last time there was one whale who kept coming out of the water so it appeared to be standing upright on its tail and then doing a bellyflop back down. That was really spectacular and it was doing it over and over again.

Glad you like the pics.

newrider.com