This Is Amazing!!!! Truely At One With Horses

I have seen it before but I still get the same spine-tingling pleasure everytime!!

Yep, Roman riding and circus tricks.. not necessarily a 'relationship' - Tommy Turvey trained several horses to do much the same in 3-4 weeks for an Equitana. Take a look at the way the horse at the beginning goes down - looks like the movement of a horse thats been forced down using ropes (which is commonly how trick trainers get bows and 'downs') rather than one that's learned to go down on its own - check out the way it shifts its neck to the outside then twists it's neck at the end. Looks nice in slow mo but if you teach a horse to go down unrestrained they don't tend to use those movements. Check out the ears and the tension in the mouths ... it's common to have a little tension when training something new but once they get it that should disappear. I'd prefer a softer relationship this is impressive but no more than circus and NH trainers have been for years. It's obedience but who can tell if it's a relationship.

Last edited:
newrider.com