There's some absolutely horrid people out there!!

Midnight_Ashes

Apr 1, 2008
County Durham
my best friend returned home today to find her front door kicked in and her burnese mountain dog missing. Police believe he's been stolen with a view to them going back and stealing more things from the house, but he is a valuable dog (though he's neutered, so he's not, if you know what I mean) so it's possible that he was the target
She lives in Kirriemuir in Scotland and he is a big white dog if anyone sees him :(

Last edited:
I watched a program about paying ransoms to get dogs back, there's a women who helps people find their dogs. Unfortunately the thieves want over a grand to give the dog back :(

I hope she gets him back, I hope he they were going to break in but he chased them off and got lost.

This is a horrible story - I would be demented if it were one of my pooches - do hope she can get him back and as quickly as possible.:stomp:

Oh how awful, I would be absolutely beside myself if this were me. And just before Christmas! I do hope that the police take it seriously and find her dog.

What is wrong with these people?? Honestly this kind of thing makes me so MAD! :spin:

Who the hell do they think they are. I think they should be banged up in prison and left to rot.

I really hope your friend gets there dog back

I would be absolutly mortified if my dog went, i dread to think what id be like.

Keep us updated
xx

Oh no I hope she gets him back, I would be distraught if anyone took my dogs (well maybe not the 2 barking at the moment :wink:)

If he's a large white dog would he be a Pyrenean Mountain dog not a Bernese?

Thats awful! I hope no one would ever take bob, he looks too dangerous from behind our door let alone in the street etc.

I really hope she gets him back. I remember about 2 years ago there was cats and dogs been stolen from around my area, well just up the next street! There plan was either for cash or to breed from them. Its dreadful!

That's so awful, my worst nightmare. Why can't these pondlife stick to stealing cars etc if they must steal. I dread to imagine the anguish your poor friend is going through, and my heart goes out to her. I really hope she gets him back soon. Please let us know if she does

That's mental MA, Kirrie is just up the road from me, I will keep my eyes peeled although I imagine long gone by now.
Does sound strange that he's the only 'thing' they took - she was either targeted by doggy thieves or there's someone out there with a personal vendetta - an ex?

The UK is getting worse for senseless acts of crime and violence!

I hope your friend gets her dog back.

Actually, it's not getting worse, it's just people are getting better at reporting crimes.. I seem to remember Bradford in the 80s.. The council estates littered with rubbish, broken furniture, and where I lived as a child, Bramley in Leeds.. bags of sniffed glue up on the underground reservoir etc.. We've got on top of that sort of thing now, cleaning up the streets.. but there are just somethings, like crime that just doesn't clean up, and probably won't as long as they're allowed to get away with it..:banghead:
I do hope they find that dog, it may be a ransom, or been stolen to order, the poor thing might not even be in this country now..

Actually, it's not getting worse, it's just people are getting better at reporting crimes.. I seem to remember Bradford in the 80s.. The council estates littered with rubbish, broken furniture, and where I lived as a child, Bramley in Leeds.. bags of sniffed glue up on the underground reservoir etc.. We've got on top of that sort of thing now, cleaning up the streets.. but there are just somethings, like crime that just doesn't clean up, and probably won't as long as they're allowed to get away with it..:banghead:
I do hope they find that dog, it may be a ransom, or been stolen to order, the poor thing might not even be in this country now..

Bradford is still as lovely.
Hope the dog is found soon.

Last edited:
Having a friend (COOKSTER 1975) who lost her Dog this time last year, we
suspect 'travellers' having taken it, I know the despair and anquish it causes.

She paid a Ransom, but the Dog still did not materialise so warn your Friend
to be very careful if she gets a call demanding money:stomp:

I hope the Dog is found safe and well xx

newrider.com