The White Horses is on YouTube

suesue

Jul 2, 2003
Isle of wight
Visit site
For those of you who were watching kids tv in the late 60's/early 70's and remember that beautiful series The White Horses with Julia, Uncle Dimitri and Boris the Lippizzaner, someone has uploaded an episode onto YouTube. For those of you too young to remember it, just enjoy. It's lovely. Oh and it looks like the series is being released later this year with subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR6z8GUywyc&mode=related&search=

Oh! Oh! Snuck a peak at work of the first part and I have tear in my eye now.... Nostalgia ROCKS!!! :D

Can't wait to get home tonight now and watch the whole beautiful episode!!!! :)

Dubbed? REALLY??? I never knew that..... ;) :D

THANKS for the link suesue :)

oh my god,,this takes me back to six weeks holidays,early morning t.v.then we only had three channels to choose,two went into transmission card and the other showed a test match all day, at least it got me out of the house,:)

Coooooooooool! I LOVED this programme! Noone else seems to remember it only the very very occassional horsey person. I have had the theme tune as a ring tone for any horsey friends that call for about 3 years now and just love love love it!

I heard that the programme had been destroyed so it couldn't be shown again! I wonder how this managed to survive and if so, will there be more........... I would certainly buy!!!

Well - I've just sat through the whole episode and THOROUGHLY enjoyed it, got a bit sniffly at the end too :eek: . Laughed at terrible stunts and terrible dubbing but it brought back wonderful memories..... :D :D

It must be said though that viewers these days are rather more discerning when it comes to plot lines! Nice horses though and of course the wonderful theme tune, which is all I remember about watching it as a child (and which graces my 'horses' playlist on my ipod - thanks Imp! ;))

Here's a couple of bits of trivia if you're interested - it was filmed in Slovenia, where it was called 'Holidays in Lipica' (pronounced 'lip eet sa), and the actress who played Julia died of heart failure at only 38.

(and which graces my 'horses' playlist on my ipod - thanks Imp! ;))
I have it as my ring tone on my mob :eek:

How tragic that that pretty girl died at such a young age.... and a great little rider too....

Cool!! Theme tune still makes me cry. :eek: I used to watch this wearing my riding hat and sitting on the arm of the settee using my dad's chest expander exercise thingy as stirrups so I could 'gallop' along !!!:eek: :D Sad, sad.

It appears to be an episode orignally shown in German from the titles.

It appears to be an episode orignally shown in German from the titles.

It was made as a joint thing between German and (then) Yugoslavian TV. The names are very Slavic though, and he mentions (in the first clip) that Julia comes from Ljubljana - now the capital of Slovenia.

Nostalgia rocks! How I loved that series. I still my have scratchy old single of the theme tune!
Domane - where did you find the theme as a ring tone? I looked for it and couldn't find it so I had to settle for Black Beauty (which gets me some very strange looks when my phone rings in a public place. Other women of a certain age go misty eyed when they hear it though!)

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! You've just made my day.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ETA: Can one download it onto a disc?

Last edited:
Nostalgia rocks! How I loved that series. I still my have scratchy old single of the theme tune!
Domane - where did you find the theme as a ring tone? I looked for it and couldn't find it so I had to settle for Black Beauty (which gets me some very strange looks when my phone rings in a public place. Other women of a certain age go misty eyed when they hear it though!)

Brilliant...would love to see it all! I have white horses as my MOb tune too, if you want it PM me your mob and if i can figure out how to i'll send it to you...or i'll ask my daughter shes bound to know how...lol

newrider.com